I've been trying to play dawn of war over a wireless lan with my brother with no success although to be honest I don't really know what I'm doing. If both systems are connected to a wireless router and are able to connect to the internet through it are they also on a LAN or is there some sort of setup we need to do?

Cheers
Gear:

Fender Jaguar Bass
Ashdown MAG300H Head
Ashdown 410 T Deep Cab
Epiphone Thunderbird
Squier P/J Bass
SKAK20BA Practice Bass Amp
you need to set up an ad-hoc network. Don't ask me how look it up.
Quote by Survivalism
The Dual Rectifier is my sexy finishing move.

Quote by Survivalism
Nobody knows the words to Evenflow, they all just go "bramamamamamamamamaamamamabooowwllofcornflakes"
Quote by mreed1990
you need to set up an ad-hoc network. Don't ask me how look it up.

Shut Up, you don't have a clue what you're talking about

if both computers are connected to the same router, the LAN should be in place. The most likely cause is a Firewall on one or both the computers. Try turning it off to see if it makes difference. Remember XP SP2+ and Vista have built in Firewalls, which can be controlled in the security centre.
Hamachi doesn't work for me anymore for some reason, and firewalls are off on both pcs
Gear:

Fender Jaguar Bass
Ashdown MAG300H Head
Ashdown 410 T Deep Cab
Epiphone Thunderbird
Squier P/J Bass
SKAK20BA Practice Bass Amp
Quote by markodeano1
Shut Up, you don't have a clue what you're talking about

if both computers are connected to the same router, the LAN should be in place. The most likely cause is a Firewall on one or both the computers. Try turning it off to see if it makes difference. Remember XP SP2+ and Vista have built in Firewalls, which can be controlled in the security centre.

Sir I don't like you telling me to shut up so you can go and kiss my ass. And I just gave my opinion so if i'm wrong respectfully tell me.
Quote by Survivalism
The Dual Rectifier is my sexy finishing move.

Quote by Survivalism
Nobody knows the words to Evenflow, they all just go "bramamamamamamamamaamamamabooowwllofcornflakes"