I play mostly in my bedroom and sometimes band practice/gig.So I'm looking for a bedroom/band practice/gig amp.I play Jimi hendrix,John frusciante.All of them are british amps.Both use marshalls but there to loud for my house.I have a budget of 1500 for a bedroom/band practice/gig amp.I want two channels/footswitchable,sperate eqs,effects loop would be awesome,combo I can deal with a head and cab but only if it's nessacary,I want it to take 12AX7 and EL84.If i spend less I could use more on pedals. I would like to keep it in the lower 1,000s.
What amp do you have now?
Member of the Bugera Users Militia

Quote by JagerSlushy
Go with Ibanez...Or if you're going high-end, get a Jackson.
I am foreseeing people recommending the tiny terror amp by orange. nobody's said it yet, which is surprising.

ANyways, look into one. it has very big british voiced sound like the marshalls. It comes with a minature cab and small sized head, im not sure if theyre 1x12 or what.

It's 15 watts, if im not mistaken. It can roar though. It's in your price range, have a look at one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_6-pApm0vIg&feature=related
Quote by injected
I am foreseeing people recommending the tiny terror amp by orange. nobody's said it yet, which is surprising.

ANyways, look into one. it has very big british voiced sound like the marshalls. It comes with a minature cab and small sized head, im not sure if theyre 1x12 or what.

It's 15 watts, if im not mistaken. It can roar though. It's in your price range, have a look at one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_6-pApm0vIg&feature=related

I don't cause it's one channels and I think i would a eq pedal and it sort of expensive 550 for head and 350 for the cab. 900 bucks for that seems like a bad deal but eh.
^ (peavey classic)
Perfect imo, I keep my Normal channel on 2, and lower the guitar's volume half way, and for the OD channel I keep it on 2 or 4, depending on how much pre gain I have.
Quote by esp1234
^ (peavey classic)
Perfect imo, I keep my Normal channel on 2, and lower the guitar's volume half way, and for the OD channel I keep it on 2 or 4, depending on how much pre gain I have.

Is it to loud for bedroom playing tho.
people say that the peavy classic 30 can do hard rock. MY question is I put a EQ and OD infront of it could i get metal/shredding tones?
Not really, 30 watts IS a lot, but you can make it sound low without disturbing others.

You'd have to try it out to get a better idea, but I get no complaints at all when I play it. (except when I crank it) and I live with neighbors side to side.
Quote by acdcrocks0323
Mesa F-30 would be better IMO.
it can do everything the peavy classic 30 can or just the metal part
the F-30 can do pretty much anything, it does metal and cleans the best.

So i would imagine a nice crunch could come out of it.
Quote by hookedonfox
epi valve jr >_> decent amp i guess

As much as i like the Vj, band/gig practice takes it out of the mix unless your willing to mic it everywhere you go. Like injected says you'll need to be at least in the 15 watt range. peavey classic 30 or mesa would certanly do the trick.
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
Valve Junior (V3 Head/Cab and Combo)
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Wampler Super Plextortion
Line 6 Pod HD