Hey all, I am VERY new to guitar (been playing around for a couple months with an electric...starting lessons this week) and was given a left handed acoustic Yamaha FG-335L II. I was wondering, is this a good (or decent) starting guitar? And, could I switch it to right handed? I am a leftie, but have to play right.

Any help would be very appreciated. Thanks all, Will
That's a good starting guitar.

And yes, you can switch it to right handed. If you know someone experianced at restringing a guitar, they can do it for you, and it will be kind of like what Hendrix did.
The official Panamanian-Jamaican-Syrian-Canadian-American-Jew.

Schecter C-1 Classic
Line 6 Spider III 120 Watt
Zoom G1X Multi-Effects Pedal
If it's got a bridge without adjustable saddles (Like every acoustic I've seen), flipping the strings will mess up your intonation. Not sure how much, but I guess it'll be noticeable.

Why do you have to play right handed?
Quote by MopMaster
If it's got a bridge without adjustable saddles (Like every acoustic I've seen), flipping the strings will mess up your intonation. Not sure how much, but I guess it'll be noticeable.

Why do you have to play right handed?

I just can't play left....feels way too weird, lol.
i'm left handed and started out playing right-handed guitar, though i've always wondered how differently i would've played if i did left handed guitar.
This is the most messed up thread I've seen in a while. Here us lefties are, looking all over for decently made left handed guitars, and you are given one but want to change it to a righty? Man, I wish I had your luck. If it's in good enough shape, take it in to a guitar store and see if you can use it as a trade in for a right hand model. To physically change a guitar from one to the other involves changing the bridge because the saddle is angled the wrong way and the nut because the slots are backwards. You won't be able to fit a low E string into a high E nut slot, and the thin high E would roll around too much in the old low E slot. Intonation would be off unless you changed the bridge over. It could be done on the guitar, but it takes time and money.
well you could play upside down, I already saw a guy who played upside down guitar
Quote by LeftyDave
This is the most messed up thread I've seen in a while. Here us lefties are, looking all over for decently made left handed guitars, and you are given one but want to change it to a righty? Man, I wish I had your luck. If it's in good enough shape, take it in to a guitar store and see if you can use it as a trade in for a right hand model. To physically change a guitar from one to the other involves changing the bridge because the saddle is angled the wrong way and the nut because the slots are backwards. You won't be able to fit a low E string into a high E nut slot, and the thin high E would roll around too much in the old low E slot. Intonation would be off unless you changed the bridge over. It could be done on the guitar, but it takes time and money.

lol...sorry man, I did'nt ask to be this way, just worked out this way.