Get big in your own country first then labels who are general based in other countries may well see one of ytour gigs, like you, and end up taking on tours abroad, with other, more established, acts
Thank you Symmetry4321...

We gig alot and now hoping to get a label.... So Symmetry4321 have you guys tour around?

Thanks
I would venture to say that, if you don't know the answer to that question, you're probably not ready....

I may be entirely wrong, though....

Foreign touring involves a lot of red tape. There might be work visas required in whatever country you are planning to gig in. (most certainly the case if you're gigging in the USA) There will most certainly be a routine of vaccinations, etc. required for permission to work in certain countries. Passports....

Beyond that, it's not much different than getting gigs in your own country. Call clubs, promoters; send demos; book motels; rent truck; make sure insurance (gear, life, health) are up to date, etc.

CT
Could I get some more talent in the monitors, please?

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Chris is the king of relating music things to other objects in real life.
No prob...

BTW... plan well ahead. Getting a work visa can take up to six months. They can also be expensive. I believe a US work visa is over $1000, so budget accordingly.

If you are a member of the musicians' union, they can provide you with a ton of literature, and can also help you with whatever forms, visas, etc. are required.

CT

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

I am, yes. www.now-here-this.com.

We've not done any international touring ourselves. We stay local due to commitments to families, jobs, etc. Since we're all too old to have our smiling faces broadcast over MTV to the screaming throngs of teen girls, there is no reason for us to do anything beyond the local scene.

That said... I'm old enough to have been around enough to have known musicians who have done this, and to have come across a lot of info pertaining to it.

CT

Hey Cris,

Dun say like that..... You guys still look great..... Still can post for the camera... hows the metalcore sence in canada?

Cheers
Thanks.

But seriously, in the pop music field, which we are pretty squarely placed, it is very much a genre of the young and beautiful. If you're 38 years old and in the Offspring, you're fine, because you were 24 when you made it.

Even at that... with a small record deal, I likely would not make enough money to support a standard of living that I have become accustomed to - wife, kids, house, etc.

I remember hearing an interview with Art Alexakis from Everclear, saying that he was talking about being a semi-famous rock guy with a guy who was an electrician. The long and the short of it was that the electrician made every bit as much as he did.

The metalcore scene, as I know it (don't really follow it, tbh) is pretty good, depending on the area. Lots of metal bands here in Hamilton, Ontario. They tend to be more from mid-sized urban areas with manufacturing-driven economies - Hamilton, Windsor, etc. It is really regionalized.

CT

Hey cool.... we're neighbours!

Heh.... I probably taught some of your friends. I taught grade five at CH Bray from about '97-'00. Those kids are 18-21-ish now. I know Calvin B., Nathan D, Neema M are actively in bands now, and a couple more. I'll have to re-check my facebook list and see who else. Owen F, maybe?

Sorry, can't really use last names here.

CT

Hmmm.... the Nathan I'm thinking of is a drummer. Not him.

CT

Ouch, haha... guess it was the wrong guy. haha.

But I know Neema; don't he work at the fort?

is Calvin, a drummer by any chance...
ahh I forget the name of his band...
Not sure if Neema works at the fort or not. But then again.... how many Neemas can there be in Ancaster. Yes, Calvin is a drummer. His mom works at CH. I'll look up the name of his band. He's into metal too, I'm almost certain. All nice kids. I loved teaching those groups.

CT