Hey!

My name is Keegan. I sing and play guitar in a band called USE AS DIRECTED. Were 16 years old and released our Debut EP last September. Anywho I understand UG might not all entirley dig the genre we play but if you get a chance to listen and check it out, it would be more than apperciated. Fans of The Starting Line, Motion City Soundtrack and Blink might really dig us but some people have said they hate those bands and still like us!

thanks a ton,

keegan
USEASDIRECTED
www.purevolume.com/useasdirected
Sounds really good. I enjoyed it.
Midnight whispers choke the daffodils, that were in your hair.
Not bad. Liked it better then your influences haha
Fight the machine.

Quote by slaveofsatan
She lives in the next town!

You must ride your family cow over there and make sweet small town love. Then make sure she isn't the town bicycle.

Ressort (Click to Help Ressort!)
Overall the tunes are sounding pretty good. All the tracks are really catchy pop-punk tunes which is a good thing. Your downfall comes in the fact that everything sounds really cookie cutter and it has all been done before. As time goes by it becomes more and more difficult to do things that no one else has done, but there is lots left to explore in the world of music.

That's not necessarily a "negative" comment - just pointing out that you guys sound a lot like a bunch of other bands that are around today. The "negative" comment I will make is that sometimes your singer sounds out of tune - just slightly. It seems like he will sing a note and be in tune, but sometimes his voice will warble and slip in and out of tune. Also, be careful as to keeping a steady tempo - some tunes speed up very slightly at some points.

On a positive note, everything sounds pretty good together and the quality of the recordings is good. The only other comment I have is that sometimes it sounds like the instruments are fighting to be heard which creates a rather yucky wall of sound. Good stuff overall.

If you've got some time give my acoustic stuff a listen and let me know what you think. http://ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=914968
It's pretty run-of-the-mill pop punk stuff but you guys do it well and I enjoyed it more than I usually do when it comes to that genre.
I like it. I also noticed that you're doing an acoustic show with a band whos singer goes to my school
last.fm
Quote by rockhard182
*opens happytimeharrys head* *finds nothing*

what a ripoff

Member #18 of the "Claudio Sanchez is God" Club. PM stepco12345 to join!
Final Thought
last.fm
Quote by rockhard182
*opens happytimeharrys head* *finds nothing*

what a ripoff

Member #18 of the "Claudio Sanchez is God" Club. PM stepco12345 to join!
GOOD!

Sometimes, I see people doing pop-punk poorly and it's really disappointing, seeing as it's such a simple genre (not to knock it; i love pop punk).

Good stuff. The synth is a nice touch. Good vocals.
ADELOS
POP PUNK
for fans of...

Motion City Soundtrack, Get Up Kids, Jimmy Eat World, Transit, Brand New, Dashboard Confessional, Early November, Fall Out Boy, Jawbreaker, Polar Bear Club, The Story So Far, the Wonder Years, Something Corporate.
Quote by DiveRightIn63
GOOD!

Sometimes, I see people doing pop-punk poorly and it's really disappointing, seeing as it's such a simple genre (not to knock it; i love pop punk).

Good stuff. The synth is a nice touch. Good vocals.

Thanks for listening!
www.purevolume.com/useasdirected