hey guys, is a marshall jcm800 2204 50 watt tube head louder than the jcm800 2203 100 watt head? just asking because i know that tube heads are supposed to be crazy loud. and which one is the better head to get?

thanks, and rock on!
I've never had a message for anyone in my entire life. Except maybe to give out my room number. - Bon Scott
Well, 100 watt head is also a tube head, so i doubt the 50 watt head is louder. They are probably close in volume, though. 50 watts is more than enough for most applications.
Feel free to call me Kyle.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...
Quote by TNfootballfan62
Well, 100 watt head is also a tube head, so i doubt the 50 watt head is louder. They are probably close in volume, though. 50 watts is more than enough for most applications.

oh man, i didnt know the 2203 was a tube head!
I've never had a message for anyone in my entire life. Except maybe to give out my room number. - Bon Scott
Yeah the entire JCM800 range comes in heads, and you can get 2203 and 2204 combos.
I think it's worth noting the volume difference is likely negligible. The 2203 just has more clean headroom.
Quote by ledzeppelin7900
hey guys, is a marshall jcm800 2204 50 watt tube head louder than the jcm800 2203 100 watt head? just asking because i know that tube heads are supposed to be crazy loud. and which one is the better head to get?

thanks, and rock on!

they're both loud, that's all you need to know.