I believe I have decided on either two amps.
The ValveKing or Bugera 333.

Versatile enough to have a good alternative metal/industrial tone (like Broken era NIN, Tormented era Staind, and any heavy Deftones song), a Nirvana grungy tone mixed in with the atmosphere of shoegaze, and of course crystal clear clean (which I have a chorus pedal to enhance).

I like the Bugera for having three channels, but could deal with the ValveKing if I had a tubescreamer. Now, everyone complains about Bugera being made by Behringer, but since these amps are more expensive and tube, compared to their cheap SS amps, I'm sure whatever people say about that isn't true, besides, I take care of my equipment.
bugera. never tried it myself but its probably better than the VK completly stock.
Valveking CLIPS/Gear HERE
Quote by sg622
bugera. never tried it myself but its probably better than the VK completly stock.

You own a VK and you still say that? Interesting.
Definitely the Bugera. They make some killer sounding amps for those of us without a lot of scratch.

I have gigged with mine constantly for about 6-7 months now with no problems whatsoever.
╠═══════╬═══════╣

Tap Tempo Tap Dancer of τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

MINION of the"I drive a stick cause I'm better than you!!" Club

PM TehNez or IbanezPlayer27 to join.

EHX Users Guild. Bugera Users Militia
The MXR Lounge
For your applications you MIGHT be better off with a solid state setup. Tube distortion might be too "warm" for what you need it for. A higher end Line6 setup might do the trick. Neither of those amps could prolly nail all those tones that well anyways, except maybe the highest gain tone.
Gear:
Modded Steinberger Spirit (white) (SD-AH/EMG Select)
Modded Steinberger GP-2R (white) (EMG81/60)
Peavey XXL head
Hughes and Kettner Cream Machine
Hughes and Kettner Blues Master
Quote by Bloodshed
Definitely the Bugera. They make some killer sounding amps for those of us without a lot of scratch.

I have gigged with mine constantly for about 6-7 months now with no problems whatsoever.

Which proves that they don't break down easily, like everyone seems to assume without trying them.
I just bought the Bugera 333XL half-stack three days ago and gigged with it for the first time today; I love the thing. It definately sounds better than the Valveking did when I tried it in the store.
Quote by whiteraven119
I just bought the Bugera 333XL half-stack three days ago and gigged with it for the first time today; I love the thing. It definately sounds better than the Valveking did when I tried it in the store.

I think the Bugera wins. Now I just need the $700 for it.
Quote by Eternium
I think the Bugera wins. Now I just need the $700 for it.

yeah im stuck with this problem too lol
best YouTube video ever

Quote by Crazymike100
Honesty is the best policy!

...Unless your trying to get a job. In which case, lie like you just got pulled over with a dead body and some shovels in the back seat.

Gear in Profile

Like NCIS
Quote by sandman-105
yeah im stuck with this problem too lol

Haha. I'm currently on the search for a job anyway, being 15, and wanting more guitar stuff. Better amp, more pedals, cords, maybe a new guitar or two. Upgrade my rig to something respectable to listen to while with a band.
Being that it's almost twice what a VK is I think it's a no brainer which will sound better stock. But look used and for $700 you could get a used 5150 combo or other "better yet" amp.
Quote by Eternium
Haha. I'm currently on the search for a job anyway, being 15, and wanting more guitar stuff. Better amp, more pedals, cords, maybe a new guitar or two. Upgrade my rig to something respectable to listen to while with a band.

I'm in the exact situation as you, except im already in a band

Just a heads up, i dont think buying new is good if youre short on cash. Tomorrow I'm going to pick up a Peavey Ultra Plus 120 watt head and a vintage-30 loaded 2x12 for $700. That's the same as the bugera, right?

Bottom line, i think you should look used. there might be some good deals
The VK is a great amp, but it is better suited for low to mid gain music.
I had a lot of trouble getting the palm mutes to sound like they had
weight behind them.

I once played some digital Crate heads at guitar center in the $500 range
and being a former Spider owner...I learned that all digital amps are not all that
bad. It may get you by.

Make sure you play used stuff as well. Dont always go to Guitar Center. Try some
mom and pop stores that stand up behind their items. You can find a great deal
on amps that are perfect for metal that were used by older pop..blues..and even classic
rock players that never abused them.
I bet Charlie Brown's teacher's name was Mrs.Hammett
Quote by Washburnd Fretz
The VK is a great amp, but it is better suited for low to mid gain music.
I had a lot of trouble getting the palm mutes to sound like they had
weight behind them.

I once played some digital Crate heads at guitar center in the $500 range
and being a former Spider owner...I learned that all digital amps are not all that
bad. It may get you by.

Make sure you play used stuff as well. Dont always go to Guitar Center. Try some
mom and pop stores that stand up behind their items. You can find a great deal
on amps that are perfect for metal that were used by older pop..blues..and even classic
rock players that never abused them.

Guitar Center is too far away from my place anyway, I found out my local shop sells both Peavey and Bugera. And GC doesn't sell Bugera. Whenever I have a job, it shouldn't be hard to get the amp, only time. I'm not even going to have a car, I'd rather have an amazing guitar setup.
Valveking Pros: good for Classic Rock, Hard Rock, Blues, Thrash Metal, Touch of Modern Metal and Cleans were modeled after a Fender so those can be quite nice. Its cheap and easy to find and mod.

Valveking Cons: Versatile but and can do it all but cant do it amazingly. Its a budget amp so expect that when you buy it. Needs a speaker swap, eq and od pedal to make it shine.

Also there's a few clips of mine in my profile if you wanna check them out. Cant say the playing is good lol but you can hear what one with eq, boost and speakers can sound like. Check out the valveking thread also for some better demos and better playing
Quote by injected
I'm in the exact situation as you, except im already in a band

Just a heads up, i dont think buying new is good if youre short on cash. Tomorrow I'm going to pick up a Peavey Ultra Plus 120 watt head and a vintage-30 loaded 2x12 for $700. That's the same as the bugera, right?

Bottom line, i think you should look used. there might be some good deals

+11000000000000000000, you can find the real Peavey XXX head, or posible a combo for around 700 if you go used. Why take a risk on buying a clone that has little to no track record when you can get the real deal for the same price used.
Quote by Cachao

Johnbryant you are obviously a genius

My Gear
Custom USA Standard Telecaster
Peavey Triple XXX 212 Combo
Peavey MS412 Cab Celestion G12K-85's
POD 2.0 (the ultimate practice setup)
Guild DV6
Quote by Johnbryant
+11000000000000000000, you can find the real Peavey XXX head, or posible a combo for around 700 if you go used. Why take a risk on buying a clone that has little to no track record when you can get the real deal for the same price used.

Because the risk sounds amazing. Bugera is not a clone. They have their "own" sound and tone which is freakin' fantastic!
So, everyone suggests the Bugera. Thanks for everyone who has posted in this.
I really wish they had smaller versions of these amps, like 50 watts or something. Cheaper..
Quote by Highwaytohell
Bugeras are handmade.

*post pear pic*
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Quote by Eternium
So, everyone suggests the Bugera. Thanks for everyone who has posted in this.
I really wish they had smaller versions of these amps, like 50 watts or something. Cheaper..

The Peavey made a 40 version of the Triple XXX, I would look into that, and it will probably sound better too.
Quote by Cachao

Johnbryant you are obviously a genius

My Gear
Custom USA Standard Telecaster
Peavey Triple XXX 212 Combo
Peavey MS412 Cab Celestion G12K-85's
POD 2.0 (the ultimate practice setup)
Guild DV6
He said already he's choosing between those 2 amps....no one ever listens on here.
I'd say get the VK if you'll have enough cash to upgrade speakers/tubes, other wise get the bugera.
Quote by dcdossett65
Life is too short to worry about this crap.

Who.

Cares.
Quote by Eternium

dude, your not alone. im lookin in for a schecter hellraiser c-1 fr and the bugera. i tryed the peavy out at guitar center and it was awesome for me but still the bugera blows it away. the way the distortion dosent really interfere much with your 4+ string chords and make really solid and strong. most distortion dosent allow you do do much other than power chords
schecter hellraiser c-1 fr
GAS list...
Mesa roadster with 2/12 recto cab
PGM 301
98% of teens have been around or have had alcohol. Put this in your sig if you like bagels