I am looking for a good fretless bass. I would like it to still have fret markings since I am a noob. It needs to able to play slap bass to metal to ska. I like a really thick sound. What do you guys recommend?

RIG:
Ibanez GSA 60
Ibanez RG4EX1QM
Metal Muff
Jackson DKMGT
GK Backline 210
Vox VT50
Crate XT15R
Ibanez SR400QM
Ibanez GSR 200 bass
Crate B15 bass amp
Lots of Monster cords
Bear in mind that slap on a fretless doesn't sound like normal slap...
In the bass chat:

<Jon> take the quote of me out your sig plx
<Jon> i hate seeing what i said around lol

Leader of the Bass Militia PM to join!

And now on BANDCAMP!

Officially the funniest member of the Bass Forum.
like 800- 1,500 but I could spend more but I don't really want to
and yes I have a solution for the weird slap tone. Two batteries fixes that.

RIG:
Ibanez GSA 60
Ibanez RG4EX1QM
Metal Muff
Jackson DKMGT
GK Backline 210
Vox VT50
Crate XT15R
Ibanez SR400QM
Ibanez GSR 200 bass
Crate B15 bass amp
Lots of Monster cords
Quote by Captain Insano
I would try to track down a fretless Stingray.

Honestly, that would be my suggestion. It has the bite you are looking for and for a fretless, a decent Les Claypool slap tone.

The only issue for you is that I have never seen one "lined" (although mine has the dots on the side). Honestly, after a few weeks you'll find you don't need the lines anymore anyway.
cool

RIG:
Ibanez GSA 60
Ibanez RG4EX1QM
Metal Muff
Jackson DKMGT
GK Backline 210
Vox VT50
Crate XT15R
Ibanez SR400QM
Ibanez GSR 200 bass
Crate B15 bass amp
Lots of Monster cords
I can tell you this much, the Fender Fretless Jazz (mexican) is amazing. I mean, any jazz bass is great for slap ANYWAY, and it has great fret markings. I had a standard jazz on order, and the only one they had in stock was a fretless, so I had to order a fretted. I played the fretless just to try it, for aobut 2 hours, and it blew me away. great tone, versatile, and you can't beat that neck.

A fretless Stingray is going to cost more than $800-$1200
Nice Find^
He's American though so that might not be an option for him.
Quote by guitarhero_764
I think you need to stop caring what people think about it. I stayed home all day today and masturbated like 5 times. Fucking blast.

Ibanez ATK300 ◈ Sansamp VT Bass ◈ EHX Nano Small Stone ◈ Hartke LH500 ◈ Ashdown/Celestion 115
Wow I have never seen one like that, in that colour. Its funny that the seller describes it as having a "singing" sound. That's exactly what people have said about my Fretless Stingray, esp. if I throw a set of roundwounds on it.
^ not to thread jack, but do fretless need an extra coat of epoxy if you plan to have roundwounds on them?
Quote by cakeandpiemofo
Of course I don't wanna go in the woods. There's bears in there.

Quote by Deliriumbassist
Jeff Ament is a sexy sexy beast.

Quote by Karvid
Yes. Chest hair = automatic awesome. Even if you're a woman.