Me and my friend want to start jamming what are some songs to start off....nothing too crazy just rather simple leads and rythm...thx
wrong forum.
but anyways: summer song - joe satriani (pretty much any satriani song really. they are amazing to improvise over)
check it out / coming home- vinnie moore
some jimi hendrix tunes.
anything blues.
dude to be honest, this thread is a piece of ****. the first part of being in a "jam band" is playing music you like, dont ask around and start on stuff that other people recommend. if you like a certain band, then play their stuff. if you like a certain style of music, then play that stuff. you have to be able to do stuff independently as a "unit" in the music business, you cant be a true musician if you cant think critically for yourself instead of having other people serve it up for you. again, i know im going to get flamed for this, but you have to learn to do what matters most to you.

if you want to start with "simple rhythems and leads" start off with twinkle twinkle, or rowrowrow ur boat. now you see what i mean
My Gear
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Peavey Valveking 112
Line 6 über-Metal Pedal

Quote by pwrmax
All you care about is looks? No wonder you have it hard.

Quote by srvflood
You can't have sex with her personality.
Quote by shadowsoldier08
dude to be honest, this thread is a piece of ****. the first part of being in a "jam band" is playing music you like, dont ask around and start on stuff that other people recommend. if you like a certain band, then play their stuff. if you like a certain style of music, then play that stuff. you have to be able to do stuff independently as a "unit" in the music business, you cant be a true musician if you cant think critically for yourself instead of having other people serve it up for you. again, i know im going to get flamed for this, but you have to learn to do what matters most to you.

if you want to start with "simple rhythems and leads" start off with twinkle twinkle, or rowrowrow ur boat. now you see what i mean

He never said he wanted to start a jam band, just that he wanted to jam with his band.. relax.

One that most people would know is 12 bar blues.