I own a roland microcube and I run my guitar and electric piano through it so I can use the built in effects. Is the best way to record from it to buy an external mic or to buy a cable that runs from the microcube to my computer? Im new to recording so I have no clue.

Thanks for any help

Flow of soul
Well, using an external mike will pick up a better sound, but if you want to just start, get a cable from the microcube to the computer, assuming you have a decent soundcard installed.
Quote by keiron_d
thank you sooooooo much for the advice Fast_Fingers...i would hug you if i could...i looooove you!

True love exists in UG. Can you feel it?

Recording Guitar Amps 101
the micro cube records best from the record out jack on that amp due to its smaller 5 inch speaker. It even states this in the manual.

Run to your line in on your stock sound card or buy an audio interface with 1/4" line input and on board preamp. I think the Fast Track USB works well for this.

sound samples running out the record out jack can be heard in my latest Gear Review:
Ok Dave thanks. I didnt think something like that would be in the manual so I didnt bother checking