I'm buying a TT shortly (I'm excited), and I noticed it sports 2 x 8 ohm speaker outputs on the rear:

I've always loved the look of mini-stacks like the Krank Jr or the Marshall MG-MSII and I'd like to make a mini-stack based on the TT head, problem is I can't seem to find much in the way of 10 or 12 inch single-speaker cabs that are 8 ohm .

Ideally I want a couple of small cabs so I can make a TT stack similar in appearance to this:

Now, I probably won't be able to try the cabs out first (I've tried the head already and I love it, but I think I'll have to order these cabs online) - what would be the real-world effect of using 2 x 8 ohm cabs as opposed to using a single 16 ohm cabinet with two speakers in it? And can anyone recommend some small single speaker cabs that would suit what I'm after? Cheers guys.
That's something I've been wanting to do for a while. Two 8-ohm Avatar 1x12s, one with a Greenback and one with a V30, both with white Tolex and black piping/grilles. Should be sweet!
Ibanez RGA121 | ESP LTD H-1000
Axe-FX Standard
Thx for the responses guys, I forgot to mention I'm in Australia and so I'm not sure how big a presence Avatar have here but at least I've got a brand name to start hunting down.
Actually I'd like to point out that running 2x 8 ohm speakers isn't safe! 2x 8 ohm outputs means that you should use 2x 16 ohm cabs (2x 16 ohm cabs will result in 8 ohms). Yes this is how it should be. My Rocker 30 also works like this. Orange also states it.
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
Really?? That makes a huge difference to my plans! There's plenty of single-speaker 16 ohm cabs around. That means I can even use two of the matching Orange PPC112 1 x 12 cabinets to make the stack:

http://www.orangeamps.com/products.asp?Action=View&ID=108

But then that might all be a bit too bright orange for my living room. Its a shame they don't make the 112 in their black option, I reckon a couple of smaller versions of this would look ace under the TT:

Last edited by Ausgeno at Aug 10, 2008,
What confuses me is the lack of a impedance switch on the TT. I don't like the idea of just ohm labeled speaker jacks.
MARSHALL JVM 210H
PEAVEY JSX
KRANK 412
MESA 412
FENDER STRATS
DIMARZIO
CELESTION
??? isn't the bright orange tolex a big reason people buy oranges?

Don't understand why you'd want it in black .
Quote by injected
??? isn't the bright orange tolex a big reason people buy oranges?

Don't understand why you'd want it in black .

I can't speak for others, but I'm actually buying it for the sound it makes. Add that to my comments earlier about my amp being in my living room and it might make things clearer.
the silver tt plus balck cab would loook better then orange cab

now if he had a rocker 30 then he would prob get the orange cab

07 Fender American Deluxe Strat
07 Fender Custom Telecaster
09 Seymour Duncan Pickup Booster
09 Fulltone OCD V.4
10 Ibanez WH-10 V.2
09 Splawn SuperStock
10 Jet City JCA-20
97 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Yeh the SICK! bit sounds a bit stupid.

Quote by Gabel
Actually I'd like to point out that running 2x 8 ohm speakers isn't safe! 2x 8 ohm outputs means that you should use 2x 16 ohm cabs (2x 16 ohm cabs will result in 8 ohms). Yes this is how it should be. My Rocker 30 also works like this. Orange also states it.

Just wanted to drop in and +1 Gabe.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
I much prefer the black cabs over the orange ones.

"shrugs"
MARSHALL JVM 210H
PEAVEY JSX
KRANK 412
MESA 412
FENDER STRATS
DIMARZIO
CELESTION
Quote by Ausgeno
Really?? That makes a huge difference to my plans! There's plenty of single-speaker 16 ohm cabs around. That means I can even use two of the matching Orange PPC112 1 x 12 cabinets to make the stack:

http://www.orangeamps.com/products.asp?Action=View&ID=108

But then that might all be a bit too bright orange for my living room. Its a shame they don't make the 112 in their black option, I reckon a couple of smaller versions of this would look ace under the TT:

Well Orange's pirmary impedance is 16 ohm. It can take a single 8 ohm cab, but it's made for a single 16 ohm cab or 2x 16 ohm cabs.

This is also the reason all Orange cabs are 16 ohm.

Quote by Van Noord
What confuses me is the lack of a impedance switch on the TT. I don't like the idea of just ohm labeled speaker jacks.

Because it's primary impedance is 16 ohm...
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
Thx for the clarification Gabel, I think I'll grab one Orange PPC112 with the TT head and when I get the funds back up again I'll buy another and make the full stack.
and then you will post nice big pic so I can have a new desktop!
Fender Deluxe Strat HSS
Fender Standard Strat
Fender Highway 1 Tele
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Orange Rocker 30 Combo
Seymour Duncan Twin Tube Mayhem
Roland Microcube
Boss Micro BR
Korg Pitchblack
EHX Holy Grail
Hohner 3/4 Classical
Absolutely! I'm heading to my local Orange dealer today to talk turkey.
Tiny Terror GET! The matching cabs haven't arrived yet so I'll be using an old combo as a cab until then but I'm still stoked to have my TT.