I like to change my pick ups. Can I only change my bridge with EMG 81 and not to change anything else or I must buy 2 EMG's? (My pick ups are passive )
Is i hard to change pick ups ? can I do it ?
thanks a lot ...
yes you can just change one pup
is not really hard to change pups
you can do it... i gues
My Gear

Squier VM p-bass(i chosed it over a fender!!!) with quarter pounder and gotoh 201!!
fender MIM P bass
epiphone SG 400
Bc Rich Warlock bronze II
I dont have money to buy new guitar. I know some friends has changed with emg's on realy bed guitar and now guitar sound far better.
You can combine active and passive pickups but I think the wiring gets quite complicated; it'd be much easier to change both of them.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
You can combine active and passive pickups but I think the wiring gets quite complicated; it'd be much easier to change both of them.

It requires buying additional parts to do it. Easier to buy two active pickups.
What additional parts ? Are they expensive ? because I use only bridge humbucker and i think will be better to change only bridge ( I dont have lot money)
Quote by Milivoe_Vatroga
What additional parts ? Are they expensive ? because I use only bridge humbucker and i think will be better to change only bridge ( I dont have lot money)

I'm not sure the guy at my local shop said EMG made some kind of adapter. If you don't use the neck pickup you can install the 81 and not hook up the neck pickup then later you can add the 85 if you want.
Quote by zakkwyldefan79
I'm not sure the guy at my local shop said EMG made some kind of adapter. If you don't use the neck pickup you can install the 81 and not hook up the neck pickup then later you can add the 85 if you want.

Yep. You'll just lose your neck pickup.
Ok. than
Can I instal some passive pickup(duncan ,dimarzio , EMG HZ ) on the setup of my guitar and not to lose neck pup ?
Will be my sound better ? ( I heard that for passive pup is important wood of the body for active it isnt that important the wood ... )
what amp are you using right now? buying a decent amp would make a much bigger difference than pickups.
Gibson SG Standard + 18volt EMG-81 & 85
Mesa/Boogie Mark IV + Recto 2x12
Keeley Modded BD-2
Vox V847a
Quote by one vision
Bureaucrats gonna crat.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by Milivoe_Vatroga
Peavey bandit 112S
I use sometimes neck but both pup (mid position ) never

So finaly I can change bridge with EMG 81 . I could use both pup but not in mid position . right ?
i heard on another thread that you can't do that. or it's almost impossible ot do yourself unless you're a guitar repairman.
Jackson RR5 ivory w/ EMG 81/85
Jackson DX6 w/ SD Distortion & Dimarzio Super Distortion
Fender Starcaster Sunburst
Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Johnson JT50 Mirage
Ibanez TS-9
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Boss CE-5

ISP Decimator
Boss DD-6
Korg Pitchblack
you can do it, but you can only use a two position switch since active and passive circuits can't be mixed. someone sent in a question to Matt Bruck in Guitar World last year asking to do it in his les paul, and it worked, but the three way toggle had to be replaced with a two way toggle.