i decided to get a book to learn python because is one of the easiest languange to learn i heard and i downloaded pythonwin

i been doing some basic thing things with it basically using it as a damm calculator and the little print "hello world" little exercise

and i have no idea what the hell should i be learning? or how im going to use the stuff?
i know how to print "hello world and use it as a calculator

basically my question does anybody have some good links to tutorials or basically point me how i should be learning this stuff and applying and using it? any tips or advice?

any help is appreciated
my guitar stuff:
ESP JH-600
ValveKing 112
DigiTech Whammy Pedal
Taylor 314CE
Dunlop SW-95 Slash Wah Pedal
Cordoba C7 Nylon String Acoustic Guitar
Metal muff
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster Ash
Learning python?

Is that anything like learning parcel-tongue? Because I'm sure you have to be born with that ability.
Quote by HunterRiggs10
Your post completes me.

Quote by mrwaffles
I think you've won this thread.

Quote by freedoms_stain
darthteet just scored big on the win scale.
python? wtf is wrong with you
Quote by cliff_em_all
cof_median11 is a Child Rapist.

Quote by blink day 4 eva
Theres a mosquito that lives in my room and i let him bite me all the time and i let him live. It's our special deal. His name is "The Dude".

Quote by Babbs
cof_median11, you sick ****.
Is'nt python mostly used for mac?
Quote by Trefellin
Anyone with half a brain knows that Jesus is way more metal than Satan. Lucifer was the worlds very first emo.

Quote by glowinghamster4'

i just want to let you know that made my day.

Quote by Weaponized
Solid state master race
why did you start to learn that language if you had no idea what it was used for o.O
Ibanez Universe w/ EMG 707 > Ibanez TS9 > Boss NS2 > Peavey xxx > custom 4x12 w/ 2 veteran 30's & 2 et65's
Quote by tymoo22
why did you start to learn that language if you had no idea what it was used for o.O

I'm still finding new places to use perl

Quote by MetalheadforJC
Is'nt python mostly used for mac?

cross platform

i dont know what first language i should be learning for programming. so i read that python is one of the easiest one to learn so i decided for that but if you guys have a better recomendation for beginner laguange i can always change the languange im learning since im just starting to learn programming
my guitar stuff:
ESP JH-600
ValveKing 112
DigiTech Whammy Pedal
Taylor 314CE
Metal muff
Quote by seljer
I'm still finding new places to use perl

I meant more something along the lines like a motive to start learning it, like I would wanna learn ruby for rpgmaker xp, not just an out of the blue kinda thing.

Edit: ^ that makes sense, I always thought Visual Basic was the easiest, I've never looked into Python
Ibanez Universe w/ EMG 707 > Ibanez TS9 > Boss NS2 > Peavey xxx > custom 4x12 w/ 2 veteran 30's & 2 et65's
Quote by stefan1988
one of the easiest languange to learn

Visual basic? might be a bit more useful.
Visual basic? might be a bit more useful.

isnt visual basic an application that puts all the code for you? like for html laguange you have frontpage
my guitar stuff:
ESP JH-600
ValveKing 112
DigiTech Whammy Pedal
Taylor 314CE
Metal muff
Quote by tymoo22
I meant more something along the lines like a motive to start learning it, like I would wanna learn ruby for rpgmaker xp, not just an out of the blue kinda thing.

I learnt perl just for the hell of it

anyway, python is fine. If you can get a couple of basic concepts of programs you only need like 20 minutes to figure out the basics of another language (provided its not something like Haskell)

all of that perl/python/ruby group is pretty easy to start with

Quote by stefan1988
isnt visual basic an application that puts all the code for you? like for html laguange you have frontpage

nah, it just makes fancy windows programs with buttons and stuff
Quote by stefan1988
i dont know what first language i should be learning for programming. so i read that python is one of the easiest one to learn so i decided for that but if you guys have a better recomendation for beginner laguange i can always change the languange im learning since im just starting to learn programming

idk what python is used for but I would try visual basic, C# (pernounced c sharp in programing) or C++. They can be used for almost anything depending on which one your using and what your doing.
Quote by Trefellin
Anyone with half a brain knows that Jesus is way more metal than Satan. Lucifer was the worlds very first emo.

Quote by Weaponized
Solid state master race
Quote by stefan1988

Your thinking of visual studio, which is an ide. I think ide is te right word for it lol.
Quote by Trefellin

Quote by Weaponized
Solid state master race
what python is used for but I would try visual basic, C# (pernounced c sharp in programing) or C++. They can be used for almost anything depending on which one your using and what your doing.

im a beginner in programming so i dont know if c# is beginnerish enough for me

the other thing i dont know is im learning this stuff but i dont know how the hell i suppose to apply it i see alot of websites that teaches how to use something but it doesnt help you like a make a program or something
my guitar stuff:
ESP JH-600
ValveKing 112
DigiTech Whammy Pedal
Taylor 314CE
Metal muff
I learnt Python from the examples and things on the Python site:
http://www.python.org/doc/

Went from the good old 'Hello world' test to scripting libraries for 3D animation and so on.

It's a handy language as it works well with other languages and is itself a High Level language. It's used everywhere, YouTube, Google, Mobiles, computer gaming (big games, World of Warcraft and other MMO's use it I believe pretty extensively) and of course its what good old BitTorrent was first coded in.
Quote by stefan1988

the other thing i dont know is im learning this stuff but i dont know how the hell i suppose to apply it i see alot of websites that teaches how to use something but it doesnt help you like a make a program or something

if you're slightly mathematically inclined: http://projecteuler.net/
I've done about 40 of them
Quote by stefan1988

This site will help you get started:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/beginner/default.aspx

C# is axwealy preaty easy if you ask me as log as you know what to use and what not in your code. Youcan makes xbox 360 games with C# if you get the gang of it.
http://creators.xna.com/
Quote by Trefellin

Quote by Weaponized
Solid state master race
if you're slightly mathematically inclined: http://projecteuler.net/
I've done about 40 of them

those problems are tough as hell

I learnt Python from the examples and things on the Python site:
http://www.python.org/doc/

Went from the good old 'Hello world' test to scripting libraries for 3D animation and so on.

i saw a few websites and tutorials im learning like alot of commands that do certain stuff
but the thing is like i dont know how to use them like for example when i took html our teacher would tell us do a website for your school or for concert or something

and like im trying to find projects so the stuff i learn im able to apply somehow and i dont know where to find this kind of stuff
my guitar stuff:
ESP JH-600
ValveKing 112
DigiTech Whammy Pedal
Taylor 314CE
Metal muff
Quote by MetalheadforJC

C# is axwealy preaty easy if you ask me as log as you know what to use and what not in your code. Youcan makes xbox 360 games with C# if you get the gang of it.

is there actually any free compiler for it? I got the entire Visual Studio shebang from my school so I don't really care but....
Quote by stefan1988

a couple can be done in one line of code if you're clever enough
Quote by seljer
is there actually any free compiler for it? I got the entire Visual Studio shebang from my school so I don't really care but....

Yes its called visual studio expess edition. There is 5 different verson of it for diffrent languges (VB, C# C++, J#) and one just for webdesign stuff like html, css, asp.net and what not called visual web developer express.
Quote by Trefellin

Quote by Weaponized
Solid state master race

let me get this straight those are free lessons right? and thats for c#?

that looks pretty good

how long can it take me to do some simple programming?
my guitar stuff:
ESP JH-600
ValveKing 112
DigiTech Whammy Pedal
Taylor 314CE
Metal muff
Quote by stefan1988

i saw a few websites and tutorials im learning like alot of commands that do certain stuff
but the thing is like i dont know how to use them like for example when i took html our teacher would tell us do a website for your school or for concert or something

and like im trying to find projects so the stuff i learn im able to apply somehow and i dont know where to find this kind of stuff

Head to your local library and get some books on it.
maybe its just me, but I've never gotten the hang of all the classes and that object-oriented stuff.... at least to a level where I'd feel comfortable with it (I can manage to hack together bits of Java but....)
Dive Into Python

Here you go man

I've been trying to get myself through it as well. I think Python is a great introduction to programming before you move on to C++ or something like that.
Quote by H^2

Wise words Trashfan.

trashfan
Quote by Chubbychunks
It's not going to be that great. Although particle physics does give me a hadron.
Dive Into Python

Here you go man

I've been trying to get myself through it as well. I think Python is a great introduction to programming before you move on to C++ or something like that.

thanks for link looks pretty good man

im going to mess with it for now nd also with the C# and i let you guys know how it goes

thanks a bunch for links and suggestions
my guitar stuff:
ESP JH-600
ValveKing 112
DigiTech Whammy Pedal
Taylor 314CE
Metal muff
Quote by stefan1988
let me get this straight those are free lessons right? and thats for c#?

that looks pretty good

how long can it take me to do some simple programming?

They're free and there in vb and C#. Some of them are in C++ to

Edit: They have 2 lesson track you can do to, Windows ( C#, vb, C++) and Web (html, css, xhtml, asp.net, java)
Quote by Trefellin

Quote by Weaponized
Solid state master race