Im new to recording and I was thinking of getting a condenser mic and a pre amp but Im on a pretty tight budget so I was thinking of getting

A. http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/MAudio-MXL-990991-and-Audio-Buddy-Package?sku=703626

or

B. get this condenser mic

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/MXL-MXL-990-Condenser-Microphone-with-Shockmount?sku=273156

and this pre amp

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/ART-Tube-MP-Studio-Mic-Preamp?sku=180581

what do you think is my best option?

oh and how do I connect this to my computer?
My Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Vox AD30VT
Fender Jazz Bass
Vox VFS-2 Dual Footswitch
Dunlop Crybaby 535Q
Boss DS-1
Boss Reverb/Delay RV3
Are you planning on recording into your computer?

If so, you need an interface. Most of them have pre-amps, with phantom power (what's needed for condensor mics)

Or do you have an interface already? Also, what are you planning on recording?
I back up Ketchup's advice. An interface would be best, and would mean less gear to worry about.
Quote by keiron_d
thank you sooooooo much for the advice Fast_Fingers...i would hug you if i could...i looooove you!

True love exists in UG. Can you feel it?

Recording Guitar Amps 101
the MXL 990/991 set with Audio Buddy is a nice startup package but you are still going to be running it into your stock sound card which will give you latency and poor recording results.

To add to your list of small problems, condenser need phantom power and only the higher priced interfaces, (around $200 starting price) include on board phantom.
Depending on your use, you may get by just fine with a dynamic mic in which case you could run an interface like the M-Audio Fast Track USB or Line6 Toneport UX1.

Another way to go is to get an interface with a preamp on board and run an external phantom power box which runs around $40:
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Sterling-Audio-PHP1-48V-Phantom-Power-Supply?sku=151084

If you want to keep sound quality and cut down on Latency you will want to go with an audio interface. The choice of interface is up to you and depends on what you need to record though.
Well ill be recording acoustic songs and some guitar and bass. I already have a dynamic mic. Both those pre amps have Phantom power. How much is an interface?
My Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Vox AD30VT
Fender Jazz Bass
Dunlop Crybaby 535Q
Boss DS-1
Boss Reverb/Delay RV3
it depends what you're going for really..

are you just recording yourself 1 track at a time? or are you need a fair sized multitrack recorder that does 4-8 inputs at a time?

for myself i picked up an alesis usb8 mixer. i use it for 1 track at a time recording and it only set me back about.. 80$
Grammar and spelling omitted as an exercise for the reader.
1 track at a time.
My Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Vox AD30VT
Fender Jazz Bass
Dunlop Crybaby 535Q
Boss DS-1
Boss Reverb/Delay RV3
oh and does anyone know any decent interfaces at a good price?
My Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Vox AD30VT
Fender Jazz Bass
Dunlop Crybaby 535Q
Boss DS-1
Boss Reverb/Delay RV3
$100: Art USB Dual Pre, M Audio Fasttrack, Alesis i|O 2 (some places do charge $150)
$150: Presonus Inspire

Take your pick.
Quote by keiron_d
thank you sooooooo much for the advice Fast_Fingers...i would hug you if i could...i looooove you!

True love exists in UG. Can you feel it?

Recording Guitar Amps 101
Pickup a refurb Inspire 1394. MF may have them alot closer to $100. Also for acoustic, before spending money on an expensive condensor, try using a dynamic mic. Then decide whether to spend the extra money after you hear it.

Also, you could make a piezo pickup for your acoustic. I have clips in my profile of my home made piezo. It costs about $3 to make, and sounds fantastic in my opinion.

DS
Irrelevant quote from obscure person
Obnoxious statement regarding size of e-ween
Italicized text indicating bandwagoning masquerading as deep thought
ASCII graphic that will take over the world if you put one in your signature
Made up statistic