any one know something like this but not as expensive?

With kramer looking neck
You mean like the Fender Frankenstrat only not $10,000?
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
You mean like the Fender Frankenstrat only not $25,000?

fixed.
um, a Kramer maybe?
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by Eric 666
fixed.

Well...the obscene expense is the point really

Try these: http://www.evh-guitars.com/
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by Eric 666
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
You mean like the Fender Frankenstrat only not $21,428.60?

fixed.

FIXED BIOTCH
Quote by drunkinkoala
you can be jesus.

Quote by Wesseem
most useless response i think i have ever seen on any forum ever.

Quote by Turkeyburger

Lolflag
EvH built the original using a 50$ charvel body, and a (100$?) neck, and painted it himself. I do believe charvel makes a model of his.
Gear List:
'97 Gibson Explorer w/ Duncan SH-4 and SH-2
Fender Jazz Bass 'Crafted in Japan'
Yamaha Acoustic Guitar
Vox AD30VT w/ VFS2
Roland Cube 30 Bass
Modded "St. Louis" Wah
Dunlop .88 Tortex picks
with the money it costs to buy the replica, you could make 50 or more copies yourself from parts.
Peavey XXX combo *upgraded screen resistors, Tung-Sol's, and 6L6's*
Schecter Syn Std. * modded, scalloped, and worn*
Schecter C-1 Elite *still sexy*
Ibanez AEL 12-string

"He who sticks his dick in peanut butter is fucking nuts"
Honestly, IF I wanted a EVH style guitar (which I wouldn't ever, it's too much his) I'd just buy a American Fender, beat the hell out of it, give it a hideous paintjob, and throw a humbucker in the bridge, and a floyd rose.

I've never even understood why the red, white, blue, and black one is the one that's copied. The black and white one is much better looking. (same guitar, just a different paintjob)

Anyway, my rule on signature guitars is that if people see it and think of another artist, then I wouldn't want it. Another classic example is the Zakk Wylde Les Paul. It's too iconic of him, and I would want a guitar that was me. The only signature guitars I'd really ever think about owning are the Eric Johnson or the Yngwie Strats, or maybe the JEM, but that is still IMO too iconic of an instrument.

Anyway, back on topic, just build one yourself. You can customize it a bit more, and it'll be cheaper.
ALWAYS

WANNA BE WITH YOU,
MAKE BELIEV
E WITH YOU,
AND L
IVE IN HARMONY, HARMONY,

OH, LOOVE!
I heard from some magainze that reviewed it said that you can build one that has the same sounds and save 24 grand. Or you can get the replica and the feel of what Eddie played on and blow out 25 grand.

The 25 grand replica Frankenstrat is a COMPLETE RIP OFF. I'd only get it if I was rich. Think about it. It's just a single humbucker strat that has a fancy paint job on it. It's not hard. You just need to go to Wally Word and the Interwebz for a night with about one grand with you.
Last edited by EddieRhoads at Aug 10, 2008,
Quote by EddieRhoads
I heard from some magainze that reviewed it said that you can build one that has the same sounds and save 24 grand. Or you can get the replica and the feel of what Eddie played on and blow out 25 grand.

The 25 grand replica Frankenstrat is a complete rip off. I'd only get it if I was rich. Think about it. It's just a single humbucker strat that has a fancy paint job on it. It's not hard. You just need to go to Wally Word and the Interwebz for a night with about one grand with you.

Exactly. The Fender tribute series are criminally overpriced. Especially considering that blackie and the frankenstrat are not amazingly unique guitars. Blackie just is a beat to hell black strat, and the frankenstart is just a Floyd Rose equipped single humbucker guitar with a $25,000 finish that's also beat to hell.
ALWAYS

WANNA BE WITH YOU,
MAKE BELIEV
E WITH YOU,
AND L
IVE IN HARMONY, HARMONY,

OH, LOOVE!
It's not overpriced for the market it's aimed at - it's a collector's item, not a players guitar. They're a copy of the original Frankenstein down to every detail, that's an awful lot of fannying around and that's why they're so expensive.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Cheap EVH guitar?

Well do like Eddie did! Get a Strat (HSS is best, no routing required) and then a pickgaurd to fit only one volume pot and one humbucker. Next get a good PAF sounding humbucker. After that, spray the guitar with an EVH pattern, which isn't overly hard. Ater that put in the new parts. And now you have an EVH Guitar for about $600!
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
Quote by steven seagull
It's not overpriced for the market it's aimed at - it's a collector's item, not a players guitar. They're a copy of the original Frankenstein down to every detail, that's an awful lot of fannying around and that's why they're so expensive.

Thank you. I hear alot of "Well why would you get a guitar if you don't play it?". It's a piece of art. The same for the $100,000 Martin D100 Deluxe, it's a work of art and a collector's item. I know people who like to collect rare records, but they don't need to listen to vinyl to own them.

Besides, can you imagine how much those will be worth when EVH dies?

But for TS: http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Fender-Standard-FR-Stratocaster-Electric-Guitar?sku=517910 Voila. Just give it a Van Halen paint job and you're set, plus it's got two extra pickups for versatility's sake.
Dickless.
Last edited by MetalMilitia212 at Aug 11, 2008,