Well i got an acoustic guitar about a month ago and i have been taking lessons during that month and my teacher and im not all that bad cause my teacher says im a natural . But since i havent been associated with guitars too much i dont know much about electric guitars or any of the good brands really.

So my question is what guitar should i get for a begginer like me? I've heard of the Gibson SG and the Gibson Les Paul and they sound like some pretty good guitars and i could probably get them for not too much. But i'm not sure which guitar is for my type of music i would like too play, rock (hard and light), alternative, and maybe some metal, (but mostly rock).

So which guitar do you think i should get either it be one of these 2 guitars or another one?

thx
if you can afford a gibson Les paul go straight ahead... but i would prefer the shecter c-1 or hellraiser for the types of music your into... remember with electric you need to get an amp. you dont want to get a $4000 les paul and a $75 fender frontman.
Fender Squire
Just remember, at the end of the game, the king and the pawn go in the same box
Price range?
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Here are a couple suggestions:

these are cheap but good guitars to start you off, if you want to buy something better message me for more suggestions
  • Epiphone Les Paul Special 2
  • Squire Stratocaster or if you wish a Telecaster
  • Epiphone SG Special
  • Consider cheaper knock offs
  • Yamah strat knock-off?

The epi and squire can be bought in packages with cheap starter amps
I'm going to suggest you take a look at rondomusic.com and see if there's anything you want there.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Ibanez Rg321 + Roland Cube 30x. Will suit you perfect if you don't want to spend all your money.
what kind of budget are you talking? you realise you need an amp too?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Don't get the start kits, those things make people want to quit guitar rather than play.

Since you just started you don't really need a whammy bar it'll just be more of a hassle for you to deal with. =)

Fenders are good guitars for the price, squires are cheap fenders, but aren't too bad.
Epiphone Les Paul standard
1979 Granada Les Paul
1983 Lado Flying V
2006 Fender Stratocaster
2007 Tenson Classical
2008 Epiphone Les Paul
2008 Yamaha Pacifica
2010 Gibson Les Paul Studio
2011 Dean Z 79 Series
2011 Ibanez 12 String Acoustic
2012 Messina Classical