You know, albums that were perhaps overlooked by the public that are made by famous great/popular bands

My pick goes to Murmur by R.E.M. It was their debut album released way back in 1983, long before they became superstars. It is their best by miles for me
risk- megadeth
Quote by LaGrange
Shouldnt have said the unspoken words of MG in the pit. Now look at what ya dun.

Quote by Mecler
A guitar made of wood?
That's such a ****ing brilliant idea!
Quote by FireandFlames
Pink Floyd - The Piper at the Gates of Dawn

Not overlooked at all.

Smashing Pumpkins - Adore
Primus - Antipop
pinkerton-weezer
Just remember, at the end of the game, the king and the pawn go in the same box
Quote by roosoh13
pinkerton-weezer

Also, not very overlooked. When it came out, yes, but now not so much.

How about:

Weezer - Maladroit
Quote by -krojbjork-

Primus - Antipop

+1

I'd say...
Fungus Amongus - Incubus
Uplift Mofo Party Plan - RHCP
Mothers Milk - RHCP
Of Whales and Woe - Les Claypool
Alien - Strapping Young Lad
Fall of Math - 65DaysOfStatic
Infinity Land - Biffy Clyro
Rush - Rush
When Dream And Day Unite - Dream Theater (people think Images and Words is their debut all the time...).
On the Sunday of Life - Porcupine Tree
R.I.P. Charles Michael "Evil Chuck" Schuldiner
B. May 13 1967 - D. December 13 2001

Quote by eggsandham2
cuz ppl hate how power metal they are cuz they think its "gay" or w.e, which is immature and dirogitory
Gardens of Grief - At The Gates
The Red in the Sky Is Ours - At The Gates
With Fear I Kiss the Burning Darkness - At The Gates

Can't really think of any others right now.
Quote by blackenedktulu
CFH82, I love you. I didn't laugh, but my god, I love you.

Quote by Zero-Hartman
Holy shit, that was epic. A mighty roar escapeth'd my mouth.

Quote by WyvernOmega
I saw a penis.

last.fm
Led Zeppelin III
Powerage -AC/DC
Kill 'Em All - Metallica
Tejas - ZZ Top
There ain't no moral to this story at all. Anything I tell you very well could be a lie.
Quote by The_lizard_king
pink floyd- atom heart mother.... yeah.
Holy mother of god this. That and 'A Saucerful of Secrets' are always lost in talks when they had albums like 'The Wall' And 'Dark Side'.

Other bands;

The Doors - Morrison Hotel - The album before the famous L.A. Woman and after the (underrated, yet infamous) Soft Parade. Had a lot of great songs on there and should have been more received after The Soft Parade.

The Beatles - Revolver - The album was well received and is generally well known, I think it's better then Sgt. Peppers though, so, it should get more attention.

The Who - Quadrophenia - By far their best album and I almost never hear anyone talk about it anymore, not even die hard Who fans. Moons best work, Johns best work, Rogers best singing, Pete's best writing and playing, overall phenomenal and not talked about enough.

I also feel that Syd Barretts' "Madcap Laughs" is sometimes forgotten with the success of Pink Floyd, but not as much as the others.
Quote by Teh Forest King
A kid took a fetal pig during pig dissection, put a napkin on it as a cape, wrote "super pig" on it, then threw it out the window onto the greenhouse below, yelling "super pig, blast off!". He failed the pig lab
Quote by Just Andrew

The Who - Quadrophenia - By far their best album and I almost never hear anyone talk about it anymore, not even die hard Who fans. Moons best work, Johns best work, Rogers best singing, Pete's best writing and playing, overall phenomenal and not talked about enough.

Yes. Whenever I talk to someone about the Who they always say either Who's Next or Tommy.
Lies- Guns N Roses
He's a freak of nature, but we love him so.

Quote by John Frusciante
Music isn't the Olympics. It's not about showing other people what you can do with a piece of wood in your hands that has strings on, it's about making sounds that are good.
Broken - NIN
Desire - Bob Dylan
08' Fender MiA Strat
Fender Blues Junior
Quote by Spartan070sarge
Lies- Guns N Roses

Good call,

Sebastian Bach - Angel Down
Sebastian Bach - Bach to Basics
"If you don't show it, I cannot grope it."

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.."
AFI's Answer That And Stay Fashionable doesn't get any attention from most "fans".
The Academy Is... - The Academy EP
The Get Up Kids - Four Minute Mile and Woodson are overlooked by alot of people.
Taking Back Sunday - The Taking Back Sunday EP. It has their best songs and their original singer
UnderOATH - The Act of Depression
Quote by LPDave
and my mom then told me to masturbate more.

Quote by Toastbot

Big burly men grunting without shirts on pretty much summed up my childhood.

Quote by The Leader
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do more look like?
Quote by Just Andrew
Holy mother of god this. That and 'A Saucerful of Secrets' are always lost in talks when they had albums like 'The Wall' And 'Dark Side'.

Other bands;

The Doors - Morrison Hotel - The album before the famous L.A. Woman and after the (underrated, yet infamous) Soft Parade. Had a lot of great songs on there and should have been more received after The Soft Parade.

The Beatles - Revolver - The album was well received and is generally well known, I think it's better then Sgt. Peppers though, so, it should get more attention.

I also feel that Syd Barretts' "Madcap Laughs" is sometimes forgotten with the success of Pink Floyd, but not as much as the others.

You're a genius, sir.
Can you see your days blighted by darkness?
Is it true you beat your fists on the floor?
Stuck in a world of isolation
While the ivy grows over the door
Quote by landho!
You're a genius, sir.
I'm soooo debating on sigging that or not

Quote by Teh Forest King
A kid took a fetal pig during pig dissection, put a napkin on it as a cape, wrote "super pig" on it, then threw it out the window onto the greenhouse below, yelling "super pig, blast off!". He failed the pig lab