I have a cheap Squire guitar, and it has that white pick guard-ish thing. Me, being the ass i am, went and drew with colored sharpie all over it. Anyone know how i can get it off with household items?
Myspace.

Quote by djmay71
it wasn't 7 days, it was 5.

and you call yourself the son of catholics

Quote by hugh20
I would keep it on my mantel piece and tell my grandchildren about the day I tried to overthrow the human race with my race of tree-men.
Take off the strings and use a slightly damp rag and just scrub your pickguard. Sharpie isn't very hard to get out unless it's on clothing.
i took the pick guard off, but ill try that.
Myspace.

Quote by djmay71

Quote by hugh20
I would keep it on my mantel piece and tell my grandchildren about the day I tried to overthrow the human race with my race of tree-men.
sctrubbing it doesnt work damnit
Myspace.

Quote by djmay71

Quote by hugh20
I did the same thing a while ago lol. What I did that worked really well was took this Comet bleach powder stuff and a wet rage and srcubbed the hell out ogf it. It look better than it did before lol.
i used Nail Polish remover (twas my sister's. REVENGE!) and myu alchohol ****. Imm trying this
Myspace.

Quote by djmay71

Quote by hugh20
didnt work. Imm just gonna paint it
Myspace.

Quote by djmay71

Quote by hugh20
no dont paint it. get a whiteboard dry -erase marker. keep rubbing over the permanent marker mark and then rub it off. i can't bleieve nobody said this. everyone knows this.
Jackson RR5 ivory w/ EMG 81/85
Jackson DX6 w/ SD Distortion & Dimarzio Super Distortion
Fender Starcaster Sunburst
Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Johnson JT50 Mirage
Ibanez TS-9
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Boss CE-5

ISP Decimator
Boss DD-6
Korg Pitchblack
k ill try
Myspace.

Quote by djmay71

Quote by hugh20
Quote by apak
no dont paint it. get a whiteboard dry -erase marker. keep rubbing over the permanent marker mark and then rub it off. i can't bleieve nobody said this. everyone knows this.

hey denatured alcohol has never failed me when it comes to permanent marker and plastic. :/

anyways it seems more likely to have around the house than whiteboard dry erase marker
wtf is dentured alchohol?
Myspace.

Quote by djmay71

Quote by hugh20
its mostly ethanol. i could say rubbing alcohol but rubbing alcohol is meant for skin and you may need something a bit stronger
ill just paint it. Much simpler.
Myspace.

Quote by djmay71

Quote by hugh20
its pissing me off! Now i have a the remainints of my sharpie mess, the White Board Marker, and it looks sh*ttier then ever!
Myspace.

Quote by djmay71

Quote by hugh20
Dude.
Are you freaking kidding me?
If worst comes to worse
Just sand the damn stuff off.
Gear:
Ibanez RG550 20th RFR
Traynor YCV50
Fender FMT HH Tele
Mesa Boogie 2ch Triple Rectifier
2 1x12 custom Theile cabs
ISP Decimator
Krank Kranshaft
Boss BF-2 Flanger
BBE Sonic Maximizer
Quote by kool98769
Dude.
Are you freaking kidding me?
If worst comes to worse
Just sand the damn stuff off.

best idea yet.. dont paint it it will look retarded. dunno what happened i always use whiteboard marker...and it's supposed to erase. unless you left it and let it get too dry to wipe off.
Jackson RR5 ivory w/ EMG 81/85
Jackson DX6 w/ SD Distortion & Dimarzio Super Distortion
Fender Starcaster Sunburst
Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Johnson JT50 Mirage
Ibanez TS-9
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Boss CE-5

ISP Decimator
Boss DD-6
Korg Pitchblack
Quote by Scream And Fly
Take a pic of what you drew

It's probably a bunch of dicks. Lol.
Gear:
Ibanez RG550 20th RFR
Traynor YCV50
Fender FMT HH Tele
ISP Decimator
Krank Kranshaft
Boss BF-2 Flanger
BBE Sonic Maximizer
Buy a new one. Duh.
Gear List:
'97 Gibson Explorer w/ Duncan SH-4 and SH-2
Fender Jazz Bass 'Crafted in Japan'
Yamaha Acoustic Guitar
Vox AD30VT w/ VFS2
Roland Cube 30 Bass
Modded "St. Louis" Wah
Dunlop .88 Tortex picks
Quote by wolfy808
Buy a new one. Duh.

/thread.

Poor ass. Think before you sharpie next time
Gear:
Ibanez RG550 20th RFR
Traynor YCV50
Fender FMT HH Tele
ISP Decimator
Krank Kranshaft
Boss BF-2 Flanger
BBE Sonic Maximizer
Well, I have sharpie marks on the back plate of my guitar. It's rubbing off because of body heat and sweat :|

Simple answer. Sweat on it :p

My Rig ;D
Ibanez RG550XX 20th Anniversary
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Crate V50-112 (Modded)
Roland Micro Cube
Lovepedal Purple Plexi 800
Lovepedal Pickle Vibe
Ibanez TS-9
Boss DD-3
Dunlop Crybaby
serisouly jack off on it, since you would get sweaty from faping you could use that too....
If it's got a backplate then it sounds like you've got a Squire Strat.

The 11-hole American Strat pickguard will fit it almost perfectly. The only hole that won't quite make it is the last hole at the end near the bottom tone control. If you don't like the empty hole then you can glue a screw into it, put a small piece of cork or wood behind it to anchor the screw, or just put a 1/4 inch wood block at the bottom of the pocket (yes, it's THAT close).

You can get an 11-hole 3-ply pickguard at any decent music store for around $20. I'd say the time you've spent on this already is worth at least that much.

For the backplate, you can get a COMPLETE accessory kit for $15. It includes a backplate, three pickup covers, knobs, switch tip, and trem arm tip, all color coordinated.

I fixed up a Squire Strat that a friend got as his first guitar. He'd glued "happy face" gift wrap paper over the pickguard, and had stickers all over the rest of the guitar. I made it look practically new with 20 minutes on the orbital sander, a rattle can paint job, and less than $40 worth of plastic.
ill post pics of the guitar and backplate on my facebook. Linky soon
Myspace.

Quote by djmay71

Quote by hugh20