Okay my local guitar shop has a Dunlop DB-01 Dimebag Wah and a Dunlop 535QC wah pedal. Which one would be better for me?

I want whichever is more diverse and can handle distortion well.

I play Classic Rock, Classic Metal, Hard Rock, and Metal.
I don't believe in signatures. Ah, sh...
id get the dimebag darrel one.
Quote by musicjunkie207
The time I fell on my face on a trampoline and cracked my neck, then proceded to run around the yard in a blind panic screaming "I hope I'm not paralyzed! OH GOD I THINK I'M PARALYZED!"

They are both really the same wah, just the Dime wah has slightly more tweakability and you are paying a lot more for his name on it.

I'd get the 535Q.
What exactly is the difference? The Dime wah costs 10 euros more over at Thomann.de, which isn't very much IMO.
Quote by Lunchbox362
This thread if fail in almost every way imaniganable.
actually, from what ive heard theyre exactly the same thing...

Whodicted

Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
france is laaaaame

Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
Quote by DeadMansCurve
They are both really the same wah, just the Dime wah has slightly more tweakability and you are paying a lot more for his name on it.

I'd get the 535Q.

Well the dime costs $9 more here in the shop they are both slightly used:

535QC - $100
DB-01 - $109
Last edited by ~Shred Hero~ at Aug 11, 2008,
I have the 535Q and a buddy has the Dime. We both agree the Q offers more options, though the Dime has a more snarling nasal quality to it.
我会关闭我的耳朵,和我的心; 我会变成一个石头
"I will close my ears and my heart and I will be a stone"
Quote by jm1681
I have the 535Q and a buddy has the Dime. We both agree the Q offers more options, though the Dime has a more snarling nasal quality to it.

Is that "Snarling Nasal Quality" a good thing or a bad thing?
Depends on what you're looking for.

I equate the Dime (At least as he has it adjusted) to a standard-issue Crybaby with an overdrive pedal before it.

Its got a bit more grind IIRC and because of this, the wah effect is a bit more exaggerated and abrasive.

The 535Q on the other hand has 6 different sweep ranges and the Q adjustment lets you tailor the top end to your liking. Its more versatile than the Dime, but it is also more subdued than the Dime (Again, IMHO).
我会关闭我的耳朵,和我的心; 我会变成一个石头

+1 -- FWIW I went with the 535q
Quote by jm1681

The 535Q on the other hand has 6 different sweep ranges and the Q adjustment lets you tailor the top end to your liking. Its more versatile than the Dime, but it is also more subdued than the Dime (Again, IMHO).

I thought the Dime wah also has 6 different sweep ranges and a Q adjustment? And the booster, but the 535Q has that too, right?
Quote by Lunchbox362
Here's a link to both Dunlop pages...

http://www.jimdunlop.com/index.php?page=products/pip&id=275&pmh=products/p_and_e_detail

http://www.jimdunlop.com/index.php?page=products/pip&id=274&pmh=products/p_and_e_detail

The 535Q has changed quite a bit since I bought mine. The Dime [best I skimmed] does not have the Q control, and has 5 modes. I haven't touched my 535Q in a while, but I believe it has 6 modes.
我会关闭我的耳朵,和我的心; 我会变成一个石头
Quote by jm1681
Here's a link to both Dunlop pages...

http://www.jimdunlop.com/index.php?page=products/pip&id=275&pmh=products/p_and_e_detail

http://www.jimdunlop.com/index.php?page=products/pip&id=274&pmh=products/p_and_e_detail

The 535Q has changed quite a bit since I bought mine. The Dime [best I skimmed] does not have the Q control, and has 5 modes. I haven't touched my 535Q in a while, but I believe it has 6 modes.

Pasted from the Dime Wah's text:

"Controls: Adjustable "Q" control modulates frequency breadth of effect Adjustable Volume Boost knob from 0 to + 17dB -Volume Boost On/Off switch, mounted on side (red LED indicates on Fine Tune knob adjusts the toe down sweep range. Six-position knob selects frequency center of effect, mounted on side Wah LED indicates Wah effect on Two-position switch for second output jack function selection (located on main circuit board inside pedal."

So basically I think it has the same controls, except for one dB more of boost (...yay?), and the second output jack thing. The fine tune thing might also be extra? So basically, if you're willing to pay 10 bucks for those things, get the Dime wah. I don't think you're gonna miss a lot if you get the 535Q tho.
Quote by Lunchbox362
Quote by Fama
..."Controls: Adjustable "Q" control...
My bad, like I said, I skimmed
我会关闭我的耳朵,和我的心; 我会变成一个石头
Quote by jm1681
My bad, like I said, I skimmed

No problem, I just want to find out which one is better - I think I'll be getting one of them eventually.
Quote by Lunchbox362
in a guitar magazine i saw an article about satch. as well as saying that there will be a satch wah pedal he talked about the 535q. he says it sounds good but its got too much gain which makes it impossible for it to not feedback at gigging volumes. an example of the crybaby in his music is in his song "love thing"

i have a 535q as well and think its good for distortion but not cleans. As for the gain thing, ive never really cranked it enough to know. kicking in the boost can get you good feedback and harmonics but i tend not to use it.
Quote by ~Shred Hero~
Well the dime costs $9 more here in the shop they are both slightly used:

535QC - $100
DB-01 - $109

For that small price difference i would probably go for the Dime wah because it looks awesome. But yeah, i have the 535Q and haven't tried the Dime wah but have heard they are damn near identical apart from the looks and the Dime has an added control (i think).