wtf??? never heard that before. i can tell u its not a fret, it would be a buzz not a thud....hate to say this, but it might be an amp problem...
Gibson SG Faded
Epi VJ Stack

Quote by Øttər
Whenever I clean my guitars, my family wonders why it smells so good; I say that I exude a fresh citrus scent from hidden orifices.
They stopped asking
Your strings are just WAY too close to your frets. I mean WAAAY. I've had the same problem when I switched up to thicker strings.
Gear:
B-52 ATX-100
Mesa Oversized recto 4x12
Jackson DKMG (w/ BareKnuckle Warpigs )
Ibanez Acoustic

Feel free to add me or PM me.
^wow. ive only had fret buzz. well, ya learn somthin new every day

TS, just raise the bridge...
Gibson SG Faded
Epi VJ Stack

Quote by Øttər
Whenever I clean my guitars, my family wonders why it smells so good; I say that I exude a fresh citrus scent from hidden orifices.
They stopped asking
Yeah thanks. There's really only a slight thud but it was being enhanced by a compression effect on my amp.
While I can't hear the clip, you might also want to make sure your pickups aren't too high.

I adjusted my pickups really high, and I had to readjust them because the string was vibrating against the poles when I plucked
Quote by AlphaSoulja
My guitar makes a noise whenever I pluck the strings. I think a string might be hitting a fret. Here's an audio sample so you can see what I mean. Please give any advice as to how I can fix this problem.

http://alphasoulja.googlepages.com/Problem.mp3

Yeah, so does everyone else's

I think it may be the compression more than anything. Does it make the noise with no effects?
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
Otter, you're my new god.