i got a peavey 6505 combo... today i turned my lead post gain up to 3 and the amp started clipping out. i wanna put some better tubes in there suited best heavy metal. i kinda wanna change the speakers out too. i bought this amp of ebay used. i will probably never buy an amp of the internet again. tube amps are too sensitive and/ or fragile to move around too much. anyways, what tubes should i look for?
What does this have to do with electric guitar? Wouldn't this be more fit for Guitar Gear and Accessories?
Quote by doggy_hat
This chick that looked like shrek ****ed me while I was passed out on xanax. I screamed when I woke up.
Quote by BleedDeathMetal
What does this have to do with electric guitar? Wouldn't this be more fit for Guitar Gear and Accessories?

are you a mod? ok then... shut the fvck up!
i came to this section because there are more users here... i've also seen numberous threads here not pertaining to guitars. i really would appreciate any help...
You know, you all really aren't helping the situation by *repeating* the obvious. Unfortunately I don't know enough to provide you with a constructive answer, although hopefully someone does.
People writing songs that voices never shared
No one dared
Disturb the Sound of Silence
moved,and...

Quote by lust of decay
are you a mod? ok then... shut the fvck up!
warned
"A wise man once said, never discuss philosophy or politics in a disco environment." - Frank Zappa
Quote by Jinskee
Don't question the X.
<Frenchy> I'm such a failure
Get a complete set of JJ's from eurotubes and you'll be set to go .
Gear:
Orange tiny terror
ENGL 2x12 cab
PRS Singlecut
MXR GT OD
yeah people who sit on here all day and report you for being in the wrong forum or something are lame. Let the mods do what they do and you don't worry about what other people do. And i AGREE with him. It's like this.... If I have a computer recording question I'm going to post it in guitar gear and accessories. Why you ask? Well the computer recording section has hardly any responses in there. Funny you post it in this section and you get WAY more help. So it makes sense. The mods also have to think about that. And I think really they should include the guitar gear as recording too if its gear you record your guitar with. Because the recording section is just dead most of the time.
Quote by howey
Get a complete set of JJ's from eurotubes and you'll be set to go .

aren't jj's the original tubes for the 6505? i'd like to try something different... better
You need new tubes, replace them with the same type. Remember to have the amp biased afterwards.
2009 Engl Powerball 100watt
1985 Marshall 1960a 4x12 with G12-65s
1989 Ibanez 540S LTD DY
2006 Epiphone G-400
Quote by solidsnake15
yeah people who sit on here all day and report you for being in the wrong forum or something are lame. Let the mods do what they do and you don't worry about what other people do. And i AGREE with him. It's like this.... If I have a computer recording question I'm going to post it in guitar gear and accessories. Why you ask? Well the computer recording section has hardly any responses in there. Funny you post it in this section and you get WAY more help. So it makes sense. The mods also have to think about that. And I think really they should include the guitar gear as recording too if its gear you record your guitar with. Because the recording section is just dead most of the time.

1. Mods don't read EVERY thread. They don't have time to. The rely on people to report threads, to help them keep the forum cleaned up.

2. The reason why you are supposed to post in the correct forum is to get GOOD responses. Not everyone who knows about GG&A or Electric guitars knows things about recording. You may not find more people inside forums like recording, but you will most likely find more knowlegable people.

3. What the **** does recording have to do with this thread? If you have a problem post it in the site suggestions. Or are there too few people there. even so there are only a couple of people in there at a time, but everything worth responding to in their gets read?
Quote by doggy_hat
This chick that looked like shrek ****ed me while I was passed out on xanax. I screamed when I woke up.
Quote by acdcrocks0323
JJs are some ofthe best you can get.

i see they offer a super distortion tube set for the 6505... hell, that amp already will crush your head... might wanna give them a try...
Quote by BleedDeathMetal
1. Mods don't read EVERY thread. They don't have time to. The rely on people to report threads, to help them keep the forum cleaned up.

2. The reason why you are supposed to post in the correct forum is to get GOOD responses. Not everyone who knows about GG&A or Electric guitars knows things about recording. You may not find more people inside forums like recording, but you will most likely find more knowlegable people.

3. What the **** does recording have to do with this thread? If you have a problem post it in the site suggestions. Or are there too few people there. even so there are only a couple of people in there at a time, but everything worth responding to in their gets read?

soooo...

pretty much your a snitch...

a teacher's pet...

don't go to prison
Quote by acdcrocks0323
^He won't because he follows the rules, unlike you. I just hope you drop the damn soap.

i hope you choke on a snickers...
*reported*

Honestly, grow up.
Anyway, JJ's
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
who cares... if someone reports you that just makes them look like a nerd anyway. For most of us that have a life this is just a past time we do when we get online to talk about guitars. Who really cares. lol
Quote by acdcrocks0323
JJs are some ofthe best you can get.

JJs are ok, I know everyone around here likes to suggest them for some odd reason. They're a decent, affordable tube, but certainly not GREAT by any stretch or close to the best.