I was inspired today to write an epic song like Echoes by Pink Floyd or Hemispheres by Rush, I know EXACTLY what I want to do musically but lyrically I need help, I'm using imagery in the first verse but the second two verses I want to tell individual stories, because I have long musical interludes between verses, but for psychadelic or art rock what kind of story should I tell? and should it rhyme? any advice for someone broadening their horizons on this subject?
My Music:
Solo project: myspace.com/dermy3blkaht
Full band (iRockit): myspace.com/nj136
This is something I'm interested in doing too.

Things that I normally do are just look at normal things in the environment and write it poetically. I think a good example of that is "Astronomy Domine" by Pink Floyd. I think the premise is fairly simple, Syd wrote about the experience and sights of space travel, yet did it with splendid imagery and a good rhyme to it.

I don't know if that helps, but try looking into your favorite artists and songs and find out the meaning behind each song and see if you can apply what they did into your lyrics.
Quote by Teh Forest King
A kid took a fetal pig during pig dissection, put a napkin on it as a cape, wrote "super pig" on it, then threw it out the window onto the greenhouse below, yelling "super pig, blast off!". He failed the pig lab
yeah, my biggest problem is that I have really studied Echoes, did it for a school project, so everytime I try and write it's Echoes with different words, same rhyme scheme and verse pattern and all that and while Echoes is my favorite song of all time I don't think that re-writing it is what I want to do...
My Music:
Solo project: myspace.com/dermy3blkaht
Full band (iRockit): myspace.com/nj136
No, yeah. I did the same thing with 'Astronomy Domine'. I wrote something in the similar rhyme scheme and such, but I felt a little empty even though it was different.

You got to try to think of something different and original, find your own voice. It's hard though :/...
Quote by Teh Forest King
A kid took a fetal pig during pig dissection, put a napkin on it as a cape, wrote "super pig" on it, then threw it out the window onto the greenhouse below, yelling "super pig, blast off!". He failed the pig lab