Well, playing at home just isn't enough, and gigs seem to be very pressuring. So, living in NYC, I get to have fun a bit. I bring my strat around with my micro cube and just start playing. Whether it be in parks, or in the station waiting for the train, it's probably the craziest thing I do with my skills.

What do you do with the skills you have on bass/guitar that isn't cookie cutter such as gigs or shows etc?

My Rig ;D
Ibanez RG550XX 20th Anniversary
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Crate V50-112 (Modded)
Roland Micro Cube
Lovepedal Purple Plexi 800
Lovepedal Pickle Vibe
Ibanez TS-9
Boss DD-3
Dunlop Crybaby
Brought a couple acoustics to a grocery store and serenaded people as they went into the restrooms.
All your base are belong to us.
Be an ass. I go to people's houses (typically who don't know I can play,) they'll show me something, I'll ask if I can see it, and start playing Stairway or something. It's great fun.
Quote by Matt Doreen
Be an ass. I go to people's houses (typically who don't know I can play,) they'll show me something, I'll ask if I can see it, and start playing Stairway or something. It's great fun.

I do the same too xD their facial expressions are like o_0

My Rig ;D
Ibanez RG550XX 20th Anniversary
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Crate V50-112 (Modded)
Roland Micro Cube
Lovepedal Purple Plexi 800
Lovepedal Pickle Vibe
Ibanez TS-9
Boss DD-3
Dunlop Crybaby
Quote by Matt Doreen

+1
Quote by Xp3ns1v3
Brought a couple acoustics to a grocery store and serenaded people as they went into the restrooms.

MM Stingray
MIA P Bass
MIM Jazz Bass
GK 700RB-II Head
GK 410SBX Cab
Sansamp 3 Ch. DI
Crybaby Bass Wah
Bass Big Muff
DD3 Delay

MIA Strat
Nashville Tele
Martin 00015M
Hot Rod Deluxe
Big Muff
DS1
Hendrix Crybaby Wah
They usually just like, walk away and start doing something else, cuz they never have anything nice to say to me.
in my guitar class at school we were practicin in the hallway and came up with a chord progression and a tune to sing to people as they went in and out of the restroom, making up the lyrics as we went. along the lines of "didja have a nice crap there woulda like a little rap here blah blah blah " just nonsense. i wasn't the one singing but it was good fun
"Too weird to live, too rare to die" -HST
Quote by george8392
as douchey as it sounds, i go to Guitar Center and show off sometimes.

I would so do the same thing. If and once I have skills lol
Forever feels retarded in MT forum

-Equipment-
Squier Champ 15
Squier Bullet Stratocaster
-Shopping list-
Boss DS-1 Distortion Pedal
1 guitar cable for that pedal
Quote by XxDre09xX
I would so do the same thing. If and once I have skills lol

Ditto, unless there's a hitherto untapped market for "Rock Classics Played at 50% of the Correct Tempo, accompanied by Occasional Swearing".
Quote by live4ever6963
in my guitar class at school we were practicin in the hallway and came up with a chord progression and a tune to sing to people as they went in and out of the restroom, making up the lyrics as we went. along the lines of "didja have a nice crap there woulda like a little rap here blah blah blah " just nonsense. i wasn't the one singing but it was good fun

We did something along the lines of this but stationed ourselfs and high traffic areas, laid our cases open infront of us and made up a song where the lyrics consisted of:
"Please, Give Us Some Money,
Please, Give Us Some Money(Oh give us some money)
Please, Give Us Some Money,
We really need the money (oh yes we do)
Please Give Us Some Money"

We actually made some too, like 3 bucks split between ten people...
Quote by Enemy.ofkhanate
We did something along the lines of this but stationed ourselfs and high traffic areas, laid our cases open infront of us and made up a song where the lyrics consisted of:
"Please, Give Us Some Money,
Please, Give Us Some Money(Oh give us some money)
Please, Give Us Some Money,
We really need the money (oh yes we do)
Please Give Us Some Money"

We actually made some too, like 3 bucks split between ten people...

I'm pretty sure that's $30
Quote by CrazyDavey
I guarantee that no guy in here would say no if they were offered the chance to have sex with her. This being The Pit... horny virgins galore :]
Ehh, this kid brought his extremely out-of-tune acoustic. He was nervous (all he did was some arppegios. Not the ones from hell.) So I started Crazytrain and Stairway to Heaven. The girls thought it was cool.

Other than that, I'm an ass. I like to gloat.
when ever someone who plays an instrument comes over i have to show them my insane slap bass skills.
MM Stingray
MIA P Bass
MIM Jazz Bass
GK 700RB-II Head
GK 410SBX Cab
Sansamp 3 Ch. DI
Crybaby Bass Wah
Bass Big Muff
DD3 Delay

MIA Strat
Nashville Tele
Martin 00015M
Hot Rod Deluxe
Big Muff
DS1
Hendrix Crybaby Wah
play with my wank...

put a bandaid over it, it works
SUBSCRIBE!

Gibson SG faded, black hardware/ EMG81-89
peavey 6505+
GMajor Effects Processor
BBE 362 sonic maximizer
THD Hotplate
Avatar 2x12 w/ Hellatone 60/ K100
Behringer FB1010
Quote by k4rma
I'm pretty sure that's $30

I meant we made 3 dollars total, and split it up between 10 people (me and 9 others)

We took it to the vending machine down the hall and bought 3 bags of chips
Last edited by Enemy.ofkhanate at Aug 11, 2008,
... Guitar Center, probably... Nothing better to do... Well and gigs of course.
Gear:
Schecter Hellraiser Deluxe
Boss DS-1
Crate GTD65

GAS List:
Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster
Me and my friend went to main street and started strummin along whatever tunes popped in our head. Considering it's a small town we didnt make much, but 15$ is fine with me. (15$ an hour for playin guitar?? SWEET!) lol
^15 dollars an hour is a ****load.
MM Stingray
MIA P Bass
MIM Jazz Bass
GK 700RB-II Head
GK 410SBX Cab
Sansamp 3 Ch. DI
Crybaby Bass Wah
Bass Big Muff
DD3 Delay

MIA Strat
Nashville Tele
Martin 00015M
Hot Rod Deluxe
Big Muff
DS1
Hendrix Crybaby Wah
Two buddies and I sat up in our my bedroom and played random songs for people who walked past... while hiding, leading to many perplexed people as their own personal theme songs began playing out of nowhere...