i wanted to to start recording for a band, but i dont know much about recording and wanted to start out with a cheap recording package so i was looking on musiciansfriend and found this "Behringer Podcastudio Bundle with Firewire Interface" and i was wondering if that was all i needed to begin simple home recording
Ibanez RG321
Ibanez RG220
Member of UG's HATECREW
Behringer = horrible.
My Gear:
Fender Custom Shop Time Machine 1956 relic
plus accessories
Your position and your relationship with music has to be one from the inside. - John Frusciante
and yes, my avatar is weezy, what?
yea i wasnt really expecting much from it, but my main question was is that all i need to start recording?
Ibanez RG321
Ibanez RG220
Member of UG's HATECREW
my suggestion is to get a Digidesign Mbox. or step up to the Mbod 2 Pro for firewire if you want to pay for it
Now officially has too much gear to list

PM me if you want to know about my recording setup
i cant spend more than 200, and really cant even spend that much...so i was just trying to get all i needed for the cheapest price
Ibanez RG321
Ibanez RG220
Member of UG's HATECREW
Its pretty tough to do good recordings with that money. Theres no way you will be able to record the band live, playing instruments all together, and get any decent quality at all. Dont get the behringer, sounds ****ty and unreliable. Your best bet is to get a sm57 microphone and some cheap single channel interface for it, like the line 6 ux1.
You can use the mic for guitar cabs, any band instruments, and acoustic guitar and voice, although for that, a condenser is better. Drums will be the hardest and you wont get a good sound without condenser microphones. But you may be able to get a workable sound. Or just use drum samples like fruity loops.