Now, before any further confusion, I'm talking about this particular model of it:
http://www.zzounds.com/item--VOXAC30CC

Here are my questions:

1) What have your experiences been with this amp?
2) Would this amp suit my musical tastes? (Pink Floyd, Rush, Guns n' Roses, The Beatles, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Queen, Black Sabbath, AC/DC etc.)
3) Where is this amp made in?
4) What would you recommend other than this that's tube and around the same price? (optional)

That's all for now. If you answer all these, that would be a TON of help. Thanks!

edit - i would like my future tube amp to be made in America, or some other high-standard amp making country. Not Mexico, China, etc.
Quote by SloppyJoseph
It doesn't fit my playing style at all so I figured it would be good for me
Last edited by TheReFiller at Aug 10, 2008,
Aren't the modern AC30's made in china or something?
Not sure though.

Other than that, it should be good for all of those styles.
If you wanted extra versatility though, go for a Traynor YCV50
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
yeah most of the CC series is china made. theyre still good though
1) i've played it a few times in stores. always had a good time with them.
2) it's do pretty well, but an overdrive pedal could always be handy... especially for sabbath levels of gain.
3) the newer ones are made in china, but quality is still very good.
4) not sure, there's nothing like them. maybe an orange of some sort would cover similar tastes.
Gibson SG Standard + 18volt EMG-81 & 85
Mesa/Boogie Mark IV + Recto 2x12
Keeley Modded BD-2
Vox V847a
Quote by one vision
Bureaucrats gonna crat.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by UnsignedRecords
2) it's do pretty well, but an overdrive pedal could always be handy... especially for sabbath levels of gain.

Well, I was considering an overdrive/distortion pedal anyway. For the Chili Peppers mainly.

Anyway, thanks guys! Any other information on how this amp was made? And how does this compare to the Fender Twin Reverb based on what bands I like? I'm considering both of them on about the same level.
Quote by SloppyJoseph
it's more versatile than the twin reverb, considering the twin is meant to be a very glassy clean and loud amp. the ac30 has warmer chimey cleans and nice overdrive, especially as it's turned up.
Keeley Modded BD-2
Vox V847a
Quote by one vision
Bureaucrats gonna crat.

Quote by UnsignedRecords
it's more versatile than the twin reverb, considering the twin is meant to be a very glassy clean and loud amp. the ac30 has warmer chimey cleans and nice overdrive, especially as it's turned up.

That sounds better for me. Though I'm still concerned about it being made in China.

How much of the amp is assembled or made by hand? I wouldn't want a machine to solely make the amp I'm going to have for the rest of my life.
Quote by SloppyJoseph
not sure. but it's not made of surface mounted parts like a cheap mass-produced practice amp. if something goes wrong, it can be fixed by hand.

it just doesn't seem like it should be a deal breaker when it comes to buying an amp. i mean, if i told you it was 80% made by hand 20% machine, it wouldn't change anything but make you feel better eh?
Keeley Modded BD-2
Vox V847a
Quote by one vision
Bureaucrats gonna crat.

Quote by darkarbiter7
Aren't the modern AC30's made in china or something?
Not sure though.

Other than that, it should be good for all of those styles.
If you wanted extra versatility though, go for a Traynor YCV50

Agreed. You may need an od for some stuff though
Quote by UnsignedRecords
it just doesn't seem like it should be a deal breaker when it comes to buying an amp. i mean, if i told you it was 80% made by hand 20% machine, it wouldn't change anything but make you feel better eh?

I suppose you bring up a point. Thanks for the help.

edit - to the people still lurking through this thread, you can still help me!
Quote by SloppyJoseph
haha good, i try.
Keeley Modded BD-2
Vox V847a
Quote by one vision
Bureaucrats gonna crat.

1) What have your experiences been with this amp?
2) Would this amp suit my musical tastes? (Pink Floyd, Rush, Guns n' Roses, The Beatles, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Queen, Black Sabbath, AC/DC etc.)
3) Where is this amp made in?
4) What would you recommend other than this that's tube and around the same price? (optional)

1) Its my dream amp...nuff said - seriously though, its great!
2) beatles played it, brian may played it, got a nice clean sound, OD is awesome as well (ac/dc shouldnt be a problem), like said a pedal (make sure to get a nice one though!) might be handy
3) china. nothing wrong with that
4) peavey classic 30 or peavey delta blues is what comes to mind if you want the ac30 sound...laney vc30 (depending on where you are), or orange ad*whatever*

Whodicted

Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
france is laaaaame

Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
Quote by TheReFiller
edit - i would like my future tube amp to be made in America, or some other high-standard amp making country. Not Mexico, China, etc.

This isn't as important as it is with guitars. Even when buying guitars, making sure it's MIA isn't that important. Let me put it like this: my Korean-made Ampeg J-20 Jet and Chinese-made Crate V33 were both notably superior, tone wise, to my JSX or 5150, both American Made.
^Those are supposed to be very good. I actually ordered one a while ago, but the 6 month wait got to me and I canceled it. The free custom tolex job is very cool. I've seen some really excellent looking ones with racing stripes and whatnot.
Quote by TheReFiller
That sounds better for me. Though I'm still concerned about it being made in China.

How much of the amp is assembled or made by hand? I wouldn't want a machine to solely make the amp I'm going to have for the rest of my life.

If you want a truly handwired amp, you're going to need to either 1) buy a clone or 2) spend more. Handwired amps from big brands are very expensive.
Quote by Roc8995
^Those are supposed to be very good. I actually ordered one a while ago, but the 6 month wait got to me and I canceled it. The free custom tolex job is very cool. I've seen some really excellent looking ones with racing stripes and whatnot.

Yeah, i keep looking at one when i get my weekly AC30 urges. They look great! I may get one, once i have buttloads of money.
I love AC30s. I spent a few hours demoing one a few days ago.

I like the fact that they have a chimey clean tone and great overdrive sounds. I agree with the previous poster who said that they are more versatile than the Fender Twin.

AC30s are, however REALLY loud for a 30-watt amplifier, and the power amp distortion is what makes the amp sound so wonderful ... so I hope you like it loud!
Quote by UnsignedRecords
4) not sure, there's nothing like them. maybe an orange of some sort would cover similar tastes.

The Laney VC30 is basically a copy of the AC30, but made in England.
Fender USA Telecaster
Laney VC30-210
Vox Wah
That's it :|
right right, forgot about them. but they're like $950 here and about $600 in the uk.
Keeley Modded BD-2
Vox V847a
Quote by one vision
Bureaucrats gonna crat.

when people think "oh no, China", they automatically see 10 year olds in sweatshop huts making pieces of crap and slapping a Vox logo on it but that's not the case here.
Korg/Vox owns the factory and make almost everything in the facility so it's all self-contained and ran by Korg on a day-to-day basis. Since China is communist and prices are regulated by the government the cost of living is relatively cheap. So Korg can pay the workers great Chinese wages but still save money when factoring the currency exchange.
Kinda like how Toyota has factories in the US