I have a Digitech Bass Synth Wah and it uses up a brand new 9V within 20 minutes so I had to get an AC adapter for it whereas a Boss ODB-3 pedal lasted 2 months before needing a new battery. Obviously synthesizing is more demanding than distortion but what else is? I'm thinking of getting a Bass EQ, Flanger and maybe Chorus (all Boss) and a few rechargeable 9V batteries will cost a lot less than adapters but battery's no good for a gig if it's short-lived.

On the Boss website it says that some pedals can power other pedal and I noticed that those pedals all have effect loops. Does using my amp's effect loop mean longer battery life for the pedals?
do you unplug your pedals? pedals will still chew battery when you are not using them
Dick+strings= owww
You can just spend $30 on a daisey chain adapter that powers up to 7 pedals.
I don't believe in signatures. Ah, sh...
Quote by ~Shred Hero~

+1
Quote by Julz127
I don't actually use toilet paper, I use sweet chili sauce and sandpaper, cause I'm a man.
Quote by ~Shred Hero~

this.

I have a chain adapter. Pretty useful.
Winner of the 2011 Virginia Guitar Festival

Protools HD
Lynx Aurora 16/HD192
Mojave, Sennheiser, AKG, EV etc mics
Focusrite ISA828 pres
Waves Mercury
Random Rack Gear

65 Deluxe Reverb
PRS CE 22
American Standard Strat
Taylor 712
Visual Sound 1 Spot!! Thats the solution
╠═══════╬═══════╣

Tap Tempo Tap Dancer of τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

MINION of the"I drive a stick cause I'm better than you!!" Club

PM TehNez or IbanezPlayer27 to join.

EHX Users Guild. Bugera Users Militia
The MXR Lounge
Flangers, delays, and chorus's always use up batteries within about an hour as a general rule of thumb.
It's hard to make a blanket statement about this because it depends almost entirely on what's inside the pedal, and how it was designed. An analog boost or distortion might use very little current, but if the engineer who designed it used smaller resistor values in a bias ladder circuit then the current goes up. Those bright blue and white LED's also suck a lot of current. It can even be affected by the input impedance of the next pedal in the chain.

The best test is to see what the manufacturer's current rating is for the pedal. Don't just go by their recommendations for a power supply. They often specify a power supply rated at many times the actual current the pedal needs in order to help ensure better voltage regulation. If the manufacturer's specs don't say, then email them and ask them. If you don't want to get into figuring out current vs. battery life, then just ask them what the average battery life is for their pedal.

If a pedal eats through batteries in 20 minutes then something is wrong. I can't imagine any engineer who would make battery operation an option knowing it was going to drain batteries this fast. The only use for a battery in this case is to get you through the song in case your power supply is accidentally unplugged.
I have a liquid chorus/echo. The echo side eats batteries, the chorus side will work quite a while. The chorus is analog and the echo is digital thats supposed to have alot to do with battery life. And I tried the rechargeable 9v and they dont last long just dont have to throw em away. So you gotta have some spares. The 1 spot I use works really good.