New, Guitar... Xiphos most likely.
or new amp?

I got a Yamaha RGX320FZ
http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/reviews/electric_guitars/yamaha/rgx320fz/index.html

It plays wonderful, I mean for $500 bucks it was well worth it.
Set neck, painted black. 2 humbuckers, I don't even know what they are... but they sound great. Beige binding around the body and neck, hardtail.

I really want to expand my playing though, some trem action. My amp pretty much sucks though, its a pawn shop SS Peavey Studio Pro 112. The cleans are great, but for metal I get my tone through a Metal Zone MT2. I don't play with clean much anyways so I don't even care about it.

I'm stuck.
Dude... an MT2? New amp most deff.

edit: Maybe a used Mesa?
Last edited by FireandFlames at Aug 10, 2008,
Quote by beadhangingOne
amp! MT2 is meh. Get a 5150 or something. If you don't need cleans then a 5150/6505 would be great for you.

mhmm.
10/7/07- Van Halen
3/16/08- Iron Maiden
1/9/09- AC/DC
7/8/09- Judas Priest
11/10/09- Metallica
7/3/10- Iron Maiden
7/24/10- Rush
4/15/11- Rush-

Quote by LordBishek
with a penis as small as mine, I don't have a very humorous take on the world.
i would deff get a new amp. it will have the largest impact on your sound. which if you are running thru a crappy amp would make the biggest difference. i dont like the 6505 much, i tried it a few times and couldnt dial in anything great. plus it cant do clean at all. good luck, ive heard good stuff bout the 5150's, i played a few new bugera combo's and they were better than i expected but i cant say a whole lot about them. most of the peavy stuff is pretty good i just dont like the 6505... but yeah good luck, try some stuff out maybe and see what ya like.
if you want to get good with a trem, dont get a ibanez x , that trem sucks balls, i just got i and it was a bitch to set up. and when you do dive bombs, you have to pull it back into tune. .... the neck is sick tho lol
Quote by misfitsramones
if you want to get good with a trem, dont get a ibanez x , that trem sucks balls, i just got i and it was a bitch to set up. and when you do dive bombs, you have to pull it back into tune. .... the neck is sick tho lol

Edge III?
Its been a long time since I actually had guitar talk on UG.

Isn't it supposed to be good, or do I have that mistaken with something else?
Quote by bchoun
Edge III?
Its been a long time since I actually had guitar talk on UG.

Isn't it supposed to be good, or do I have that mistaken with something else?

the Edge III is the low end of Ibanez trems.

Edge Pro is godly though
Quote by FireandFlames
the Edge III is the low end of Ibanez trems.

Edge Pro is godly though

Anyway I could replace it with an Edge Pro?
... or is the routing different?