Page 1 of 2
I live in Dallas and I plunked down the $129.50 for tickets to the Ozzfest. Ended up being $300 for two after ticketmaster fees. I must say WOW to metallica. I have never seen metallica live before this, and to be honest I was not expecting them to be at the top of their game. I based this theroy on Youtube vids from performances in the 2006 and 2007 Rock Am ring and others.

Let me tell you, they were fantastic. Really tight and together. I dont think Hedfield went out of key once. They sounded just like the cunning stunts or S&M DVD. They also had a large pyrotechnic show with explosions and flamethrower towers. They also played a new song from dethmagnetic called " Cyanide". Its was cool. Many different passages and a few odd time signature sections. Go to youtube and look it up. There are a couple good vids of it. Anywho, I wanted to set the record straight on the new metallica and inform everyone that they are still the kings of metal and havent lost the edge in the least bit.
Framus Cobra
Marshall JCM 900
peavey 5150

Mesa 4x12
Thank you very much sir, I am glad to hear this, I too love Metallica and cant wait for this next album......but because of some idiots on this site, you might need this......*hand flameshield*

EDIT: Here's a High-Quality vid of the Cyanide Performance.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gb__MEJzXZg
Last edited by METALLICAFAN77 at Aug 10, 2008,
Sounds awesome dude, wish I could have been there. But just to let you know they aren't even close to the kings of metal
Well, if they put as much energy in their last album than live (from what you said), it could actually be good. Hetfield not being off key once, nice.
Yeah I saw some Live Am 08 stuff and was amazed. They sound AWESOME.
Sounds cool, but they still aren't anywhere close to the kings of metal.
Quote by Masonpwiley
Sounds cool, but they still aren't anywhere close to the kings of metal.

I disagree. But I respect other opinions.
Framus Cobra
Marshall JCM 900
peavey 5150

Mesa 4x12
then who is?

they aren't now i know, but in there prime(right before cliff died)
i cant think of anyone better
Quote by guitardude34875
be the music, not the scene
Damn, I wanted to go to that, but the ticket prices were ridiculous.
Quote by Waffleexplosion
Only in a vodka ad could Mexico win a war.
Quote by Ubershall404
Anywho, I wanted to set the record straight on the new metallica and inform everyone that they are still the kings of metal and havent lost the edge in the least bit.

I thought Manowar were the kings of metal thats what they promised me on every one of thier songs on their kings of metal album

but seriously...I can't wait for Death Magnetic and I checked out a video of Cyanide on youtube and I thought it was pretty sick
that show was fecking awesome...........they kicked ozzy's ass..........especially with master of puppets......the crowd was deafening man.........
professional idiot

Guitars:
Epiphone Dot (hopefully get it in october)
Ibanez Gio GAX
Trinity River Strat Wannabe

Amps:
Trinity River TR-15
Marshall MS-2 mini amp

Pedals:
Digitech Death Metal
Quote by ShredGod George
then who is?

they aren't now i know, but in there prime(right before cliff died)
i cant think of anyone better

There's plenty of bands that I would place above Metallica. If you think they are the best, you don't know enough bands to make a judgment. I wouldn't even be able to place a single band on top, that's silly.
Quote by Ubershall404
I disagree. But I respect other opinions.

Anyways, I think that the new album is going to suck, IMHO. I just have a feeling that fans are going to like it more than St.Anger but still think it sucks (except fanboys because they eat anything up that is Metallica ). I just hope if it does suck they don't put out an album anymore but if it doesn't I don't mind if they continue.
Holy crapper that new song is pretty fu*king good
Trust me I'm a doctor

A doctor with a mustache
$300 for a ****ing ticket?!? that's insane, even for metallica and ozzy. but hey, at least there's youtube for us poor people. glad to hear they're good, though i really don't have a lot of hope for these guys, seeing as i haven't really liked anything they've done post-Black album. i guess i'll go check out that Cyanide song though.
dst127 wrote:
Soundwash22 wrote:
Fred Durst is the Tom Green of music

No, some people actually like Tom Green.

dancesisidance wrote:
Shiroshu wrote:
I can't see Jimi approving of this.

Me neither, due to him not being alive and all.
Quote by Masonpwiley
There's plenty of bands that I would place above Metallica. If you think they are the best, you don't know enough bands to make a judgment. I wouldn't even be able to place a single band on top, that's silly.

name one
Quote by guitardude34875
be the music, not the scene
Quote by ShredGod George
name one

I'm not trying to start an argument. Why do you insist on it?

But I'll name one anyway, Arsis. See, I can't really keep you from continuing this argument. If I don't name one, you will say I don't know of any. If I do, you will say "lololol n0 tey sux."

I'm not even saying Metallica is bad. I just said they aren't the best.
Glad to hear they did good for once recently. Just kidding, they are legendary, but nowhere near as much as they used to be. I'd rather see Mustaine any day of the week. No need to flame, just an opinion out of billions, they don't mean crap.
hide your kids, hide your wife.

Quote by angus_young_32
I'd rather kill myself than commit suicide.

UG Hatecrew FTW
Quote by Masonpwiley

But I'll name one anyway, Arsis. See, I can't really keep you from continuing this argument. If I don't name one, you will say I don't know of any. If I do, you will say "lololol n0 tey sux."

Arsis's work would destroy Metallica's work in a second.

Fanboys don't even start.

We Are the Nightmare!
I was there too, it was pretty awesome. Except for this fatass that sat in front of me and wasn't wearing deoderant.
There ain't no moral to this story at all. Anything I tell you very well could be a lie.
Quote by ebbbaaa
I was there too, it was pretty awesome. Except for this fatass that sat in front of me and wasn't wearing deoderant.
I HATE when people smell at concerts.
Metal is such a wide genre... If you consider the whole Metal branch of music, many bands are better than Metallica, namely Dream Theater, Opeth, Iron Maiden, Agalloch... But that's always personal opinion (mine in that case), there can't be any "best" band, it's all a matter of individual taste, it's also pointless to compare Dark or Death Metal bands to Thrash Metal, etc. Metallica still remains up there when it comes to Thrash Metal and Metal in general, whether you like them or not.
Quote by The Behemoth
Arsis's work would destroy Metallica's work in a second.

Fanboys don't even start.

We Are the Nightmare!

Who the hell are Arsis?
Why should I come down?
From here, I can see forever.
where are the friggin tour dates!?

EDIT: nevermind..that's lame, only one date. (yes, i am slow :p
Quote by SteveHouse
M. Night Shyamallama

Last edited by talia. at Aug 11, 2008,
Hey, so you know there's this special forum put aside just for Metal and I really think this would fit so nicely in there. I mean look Metal, Metallica. It's like a message from the Gods telling you to use that forum for such things.
Quote by METALLICAFAN77
Thank you very much sir, I am glad to hear this, I too love Metallica and cant wait for this next album......but because of some idiots on this site, you might need this......*hand flameshield*

EDIT: Here's a High-Quality vid of the Cyanide Performance.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gb__MEJzXZg

Man, every time I hear any of the new songs the first thing I think is, "Jesus, that is a cool ****ing riff".

Then as soon as James' vocals come in it just kills it. I wish he would stop trying to sing and just growl and shout like he used to. And no, I don't need to be reminded that I need to get over it and their awesomeness died 20 years ago.
Quote by H^2

Wise words Trashfan.

trashfan
Quote by Chubbychunks
It's not going to be that great. Although particle physics does give me a hadron.
Quote by thrashfan
Man, every time I hear any of the new songs the first thing I think is, "Jesus, that is a cool ****ing riff".

Then as soon as James' vocals come in it just kills it. I wish he would stop trying to sing and just growl and shout like he used to. And no, I don't need to be reminded that I need to get over it and their awesomeness died 20 years ago.

It'll sound better on the cd. They got all that studio enhancing and crap.
Quote by Masonpwiley

No, that's your oppinion, think you're right if you want to, but no one here is right, Metallica writes music for their fans, and "Arsis" (The music for "real metal heads" ) write music for their fans, the two bands, create music for their own reasons, neither is better. Neither of the bands writes music better than the other one because they write music for different people, so what if somethings more technical, doesn't make it better, and hell, who cares about that, music is about feeling, not how technical or hard it is to play. All you "real metal heads" are just ignorant and narrow minded, stop arguing about music on a forum, if you like it then say so, discuss it, but PLEASE if you are going to hide behind your computer and try to argue who is better, don't. Or atleast do us all a favour, and instead of going "they aren't the best my fav. band arsis is" say it's your oppinion, say their music makes you feel better.
ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ

Quote by Xp3ns1v3
I thought it was illegal for women to use the internet.
Last edited by AthenasGhost at Aug 11, 2008,
I just can't get into any Metallica without Cliff.
Justice is good, but it gets too boring
Black, I just never got into it. It's not Metallica, its just, ugh, I can't get into it, I've never been able to listen to it in one sitting.
Load and Reload bore me.
I think we all agree St. Anger was crap.
I didn't like Cyanide.
Quote by NoOne0507
I just can't get into any Metallica without Cliff.
Justice is good, but it gets too boring
Black, I just never got into it. It's not Metallica, its just, ugh, I can't get into it, I've never been able to listen to it in one sitting.
Load and Reload bore me.
I think we all agree St. Anger was crap.
I didn't like Cyanide.

Metallica isn't any different then any other band, their work changes over time.
I personally liked their 80's stuff the best and the black album was really good too. Even though the 90's and 00's (so far) weren't as good as the 80's for metallica, they still produced some good stuff.

For example, the song I Disappear off the Mission Impossible II soundtrack was a pretty sick song, one of my favorites by them.
I loved Cliff's work but I don't get people that almost pretend the whole thing has died with him. It was relatively early in Metallica's history and they managed to recover greatly from the loss, composing awesome music without him. I mean, it's not like they are Lynyrd Skynyrd or something, they didn't lose half the band. Cliff was awesome but I really think there isn't a big gap between the work they did with him, and what they did after he died, apart from the obvious change of sound as a band releases albums. But that's just me.
Its not that Cliff died, its just that I don't like 95% of the stuff the did afterwards.
Stop dissing Metallica, they're modern now, deal with it, same thing the scorpions did.
Live Rig:
Ibanez Rg 150R w/ Duncan 59s
Marshall JCM2000 TSL60 Head
Mark IV Combo
Marshall 1960a Cab w/ Vintage 30s
Ibanez RG1570 Prestige w/ Duncan 59s
Jackson SLSMG Soloist
Currently in Ontario, Canada.

Page 1 of 2