ok, once again i ask: does the Bill Lawrence USA L-500XLB sound good? i just want to make sure im not getting scammed before i order it.
if you want dime's tone, you need more than just pickups. you need his amp, pedals, and setting on everything. even then people don't get his tone. o.o. oh yeah dime almost always has his flanger on even if it doesnt sound like it. maybe that contributes to his tone.
Jackson RR5 ivory w/ EMG 81/85
Jackson DX6 w/ SD Distortion & Dimarzio Super Distortion
Fender Starcaster Sunburst
Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Johnson JT50 Mirage
Ibanez TS-9
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Boss CE-5

ISP Decimator
Boss DD-6
Korg Pitchblack
^ha ha. i just want something very high-output with that southern metal tone. i like the dean "dimetime" pickup, that things sick.
Quote by apak
if you want dime's tone, you need more than just pickups. you need his amp, pedals, and setting on everything. even then people don't get his tone. o.o. oh yeah dime almost always has his flanger on even if it doesnt sound like it. maybe that contributes to his tone.

when i refer to his tone, i mean the output, the was his harmonics sound, the pickups have to do with a ton of that. and i dont want to mimic his tone, but he played "southern metal" and i want my tone to match "southern metal". kinda hard to explain, but i hope you understand what im saying.
I had the same dilemma youre in, and I did my research before I bought. I purchased a L500XL from Bill and Becky Lawrence last year. They don't distribute under the Lawrence USA name due to legal reasons, Lawrence USA is basically a knockoff parts manufacturer that retained naming rights after Bill left them years ago. They make all the cheap **** you hear bad things about, like those cheapies from Stewart Macdonald. Bill and Becky and their family still make pickups in California, though, which is where you should definitely order yours from. Check out this page http://www.wildepickups.com/How_To_Order.html

I really dont want to seem like I'm plugging them, but they do make awesome products and if you take the effort to get your hands on the good stuff, you won't be disappointed. I got my L500 in a neckthru BC rich and its crunchtastic. Of course, this is all my personal opinion, but I hope it helps. Good luck!

Jackson DXMG (2 81's), Squier Strat (Hot Rails), BC Rich Eagle (Bill Lawrence L500XL) >
MXR 6 Band EQ >
Rocktron Studio HUSH >
Randall RH200 >
Marshall 2x12
all through Monster cable..

'I got blisters on me fingers!'
Quote by lowaxnjackson
I had the same dilemma youre in, and I did my research before I bought. I purchased a L500XL from Bill and Becky Lawrence last year. They don't distribute under the Lawrence USA name due to legal reasons, Lawrence USA is basically a knockoff parts manufacturer that retained naming rights after Bill left them years ago. They make all the cheap **** you hear bad things about, like those cheapies from Stewart Macdonald. Bill and Becky and their family still make pickups in California, though, which is where you should definitely order yours from. Check out this page http://www.wildepickups.com/How_To_Order.html

I really dont want to seem like I'm plugging them, but they do make awesome products and if you take the effort to get your hands on the good stuff, you won't be disappointed. I got my L500 in a neckthru BC rich and its crunchtastic. Of course, this is all my personal opinion, but I hope it helps. Good luck!

how much was it?
Quote by acdcrocks0323
Look at the damn link to find out.

Should be $54 or $60.

i looked at the link. its general information on how to buy any pickup. maybe you should read the link...
I think it was around 65 bucks with shipping and all...it costs a little extra for the chrome housing, but if you wanna nail the tone it's the way to go

edit: The best way to order is to call or email. And yeah the shipping takes a while, but if it's not something in stock then its handbuilt to order. Which is badass.

Jackson DXMG (2 81's), Squier Strat (Hot Rails), BC Rich Eagle (Bill Lawrence L500XL) >
MXR 6 Band EQ >
Rocktron Studio HUSH >
Randall RH200 >
Marshall 2x12

Last edited by lowaxnjackson at Aug 11, 2008,
It adds a little more high end to it, good for harmonics and all-around wailing...oh and its shiny

MXR 6 Band EQ >
Rocktron Studio HUSH >
Randall RH200 >
Marshall 2x12