Do you put your references on your resume? Or do you put "references available on request" on your resume?

Which is better to do? I am a highschool student looking for my 2nd part time job (got fired from first one from downsizing)
I say just put them cause then they don't have to go out of their way to get the references. If you say upon request and someone else has them available right on the resume, then the manager would probably look at the other one first.
I'll believe in anything and you'll believe in anything.
last.fm
just put they're available by request
Living is easy with eyes closed...
--------------------------

Quote by GnR_ROK
I'm surprised you returned to this thread after cheeseman owned you.
Well first make sure the references will accept you as putting them on your resume. Putting the drug dealer down the street isn't a good person to put on there.
Then list them.
Quote by RPGoof
Well first make sure the references will accept you as putting them on your resume. Putting the drug dealer down the street isn't a good person to put on there.
Then list them.

That's just common sense.
Quote by jeff541
I say just put them cause then they don't have to go out of their way to get the references. If you say upon request and someone else has them available right on the resume, then the manager would probably look at the other one first.

+1 your potential employer will always be impatient. they don't want to work for such insignificant information.
...Nothing you've ever...
...Planned on ever turned out...
...The way you planned...

...You're still disappointing them...
Quote by jeff541

i disagree
every experience i've had goes with an interview THEN they ask for my references, it's more of a secondary thing

Quote by GnR_ROK
Quote by cheeseman3001
i disagree
every experience i've had goes with an interview THEN they ask for my references, it's more of a secondary thing

Why would you not put the references on there. You've got nothing to lose. Ultimately, employers look at a resume for 30 seconds initially, so it's just silly to leave something like that off.
Quote by ttreat31
Why would you not put the references on there. You've got nothing to lose. Ultimately, employers look at a resume for 30 seconds initially, so it's just silly to leave something like that off.

i think it's silly to put on, as it is incredibly useless information if the manager hasn't met the potential employee
the whole reason they ask for references is to make sure the person they just interviewed is fit for the job, and to better know and confirm their characteristics as a worker
anyways, i googled resume references and the first two results had this:
Where should you include these references?

Your references should not be part of your resume. If employers specifically request that references be provided as part of your application then you should attach them as a separate sheet behind your resume.

and
References

You don't need to include references in your resume. List your references on a separate sheet and provide them to the employer upon request.

hope this helps TS

Quote by GnR_ROK
Well yeah, you don't want to actually put them ON the resume. Your resume should only be a page, but I think it's still worth attaching your references.
a lot of jobs have a formatted resume. fill that out if it has one of those.
...Nothing you've ever...
...Planned on ever turned out...
...The way you planned...

...You're still disappointing them...