I saw a Laney VC30 210 going for about 500 at a Guitar Center the other day. It's a little dusty and all, and the metal grille for the back cover is missing. I plugged into it, and it all seems fine, probably need a change of tubes. Now, is this a good deal, or is it too good to be true? I'll try it again tomorrow, for a better idea anyways. Any comments or experiences with this amp?
It's good, but you can get the same tone for cheaper from a US based company (whereas Laney is best for UK as opposed to other companines).
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
Alright, so I tried it out yesterday. It didn't blow my mind or anything, but it was a very decent amp. The clean channel was, I'd say average, and I didn't like the gain channel at all. Perhaps the tubes need changing or whatnot. And I could tell that the two 10 inch needed changing. But overall, it seems like a good deal. I just need to clean it up and replace the handle bar on top of the amp.

And the only reason this amp caught my eye was the low price, combo, and the fact it had an effects loop level control. Most amps when you put it into the effects return it's on full blast. I plan on putting my Boss External Preamp into the effects return of this amp. I don't like the preamp that much anyway...:\
So, you're going to buy it?
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
Yeah, I know there are other amps, but I've been poking around for a while now. And this is a pretty decent amp. With a little elbow grease and patience, this could turn out pretty good. But, I'm going to wait and see for a while, because I have the tendency to do things on a whim.
Quote by acdcrocks0323
Not really a good deal IMO. If you found one of those in the UK for 250 pounds, nobody would even take a second look. The US gets screwed on Laneys so they aren't really a good deal even used.

um

yes they would

the 210 is £340 on GAK, £250 is a steal

that said, just because the pound is twice as strong as the dollar, doesnt mean in america $500 is worth half

hope you understand that, its hard to explain

anywai

looka t what you can get for $500 and mke your mind up based on that

its a **** hot amp mind
Get off this damn forum and play your damn guitar.
Thats a pretty good price really for it $500 is about £260, they go for about £340 here new, but look into the Peavey Classics too, ive never played one, but theyre pretty much regarded by the Laney thread as the Us alternative to the VC30.

But they are really great amps regardless and im sure youll be happy if you do decide on it.
Yeah, I've heard great things about the classic 30 as well. It's hard to decide...I should try to find a Classic 30 around here is the U.S. and try it out.