I got my new mac and I love it, but the problem is my massive library is saved on my PC's hard drive. I want to put that music on an external hard drive and be able to play it through iTunes on my new mac, but I have no idea even where to begin.
i'm not sure but they have an export library option in itunes that might work.
Deacon of Zeppelinism PM TheHeartbreaker to join
speed demon of the UG Jeepers
Member of the Neutral Milk Hotel club PM Hamish5178 to join~
Alright, what you have to do is get an external hard drive. I would recommend SeaGate. I got one, 120GB, for under $100. You just take your music folder and transfer it over to the EHD. It will take awhile, because I assume you have a large library of music. After that, you should test it, making sure the music is loaded on to the EHD. All you have to do is just put it in another computer, and make sure the folder is there.

After that, all you have to do is plug your EHD into your new computer, and you will open up the folder with your music. I'm not sure, just because I use windows, but there might be a Play All button. If there is, just click that, and just make sure it will be played using iTunes(although since you are using a Mac, that shouldn't be a problem.) If there isn't, just highlight all your music, and right click or whatever you do with Macs. This will take a while. I had about 5,000 songs and it took about an hour for the whole transfer over to the new computer and iTunes.
Write your own lyrics or poetry? Post them HERE for a crit.
Follow me on Twitter
ok I just moved all my music from my pc to the hard drive and deleted it from my pc hard drive. But it won't play on my mac
Go to Advanced > Consolidate Library

It puts all your music files in one folder and organises them all. Then you can just burn them all onto DVDs from there.
Quote by juan Andrés

Sorry awful Anglish.
Quote by d_herm56
ok I just moved all my music from my pc to the hard drive and deleted it from my pc hard drive. But it won't play on my mac

Why oh why did you do that?

Anyhow Windows Media Player > itunes anyday, the only reason I used itunes was cause I got an ipod.
I can put the music back on my pc, which i did already, but it's still not letting play it on the damn mac
i put all the music on my external hard drive then in the music folder on my mac. then on mac in itunes i went to file add to library and it imported all my music into itunes.
Deacon of Zeppelinism PM TheHeartbreaker to join
speed demon of the UG Jeepers
Member of the Neutral Milk Hotel club PM Hamish5178 to join~
Ok, i just did this literally 10 minutes ago on my iMac. First you copy the itunes folder into ur external drive. after in copies go to ur itunes prefrences and go to advanced settings. then change the "itunes music folder location" to the new location on ur external. but make sure u change it to the Itunes music folder which is INSIDE the itunes folder. dont just choose the itunes folder. restart itunes, and then try to play songs, if they work u can delete the itunes foler on ur comp to free up space, and if it doesnt u can always put the foler back on ur comp from the external then reset ur itunes music folder location
i just got a mac and i moved all my stuff ok.

just copy all the music not from itunes but from my music, if you have been using itunes to import cds then everything should be in my music -> itunes music

just drag all that into your ext hdd and drag all into your mac, import into itunes and your done
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

GENERATION 9: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Please tell me you didn't empty your recycling bin.
Quote by Sonicxlover
Kensai, I think I'll get a flamboyant sig.

Quote by Sonicxlover

Quote by Sonicxlover

Parker Nitefly Mojo sonnn
Jackson DK2M Dinky
Carvin Legacy
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Cube 30X