in my journey to be a great guitarist. im just not getting better at all. in fact i think im getting worse is there i can do to get out of this rut??? i've tried practicing but i lose interest to fast and i get extremely frustrated...can the almighty pit give a guy some advice¿?¿?¿?
Quote by DieGarbageMan
i can become erect whilst displeasing women

What a talented person.
Just find some entirely new things to practice, keep it fresh.
Quote by SmElLy KiD
That is priceless man, you might be my new idol.

TS, whenever I see your username, I misread it as "isuckhardcocks."

Just had to get that out there.

We're ticking away, the moments that make up the dull days
watch some whammy kid action and youll get a nice moral boost to continue on your quest
Gear:
Ibanez RG2ex2
mega distortion md-2
Metal Muff
Marshall MG microstack
Line 6 spyder hd75 halfstack
Sonic Stomp
Schecter Damien 6
a lot of players (me included) find that they cannot just sit there and practice scales all the time, it's too boring and it can be hard to make sense if you can't find the musical value in it. My advice to you is just play, man. Find something thats fun/challenging and learn it.
Now officially has too much gear to list

PM me if you want to know about my recording setup
That's how guitar playing is. Plateaus and valleys. One minute you're chugging along, and the next you feel as skilled as you did a year and a half ago. Just keep drilling along and eventually you'll get better.

Most guitarists didn't get where they were in years, but decades. Patience!
Quote by rockstar mace
in my journey to be a great guitarist. im just not getting better at all. in fact i think im getting worse is there i can do to get out of this rut??? i've tried practicing but i lose interest to fast and i get extremely frustrated...can the almighty pit give a guy some advice¿?¿?¿?

haha stop smoking so much pot?

But seriously, though. Record yourself often. Listen to it and pick out specific things that you want to improve. Then, work on improving those things. Don't just pick up your guitar and mindlessly play random riffs.
Banging on a trash can
Drumming on a street light
Quote by rockstar mace

Quit and become a vocalist who browses Ultimate-Guitar forums strictly out of loneliness.
Quote by delicious
I thought this was going to be someone equally as stupid as I, and literally punched a wall and broke their hand.

dont worry ive done that too
Quote by Abe Knuckleball
I thought hitting the wall meant wanking till you pass out or cum blood.

I love the pit
no you're just noticing all the little mistakes and sloppiness you didn't before s it sounds orse because you have developed probably start learning harder ****?
Don't you try and ask me your expiration date
Plans that forgot me 99 times
you'll be the one who opens the gate.

- Cedric Bixler Zavala

Founder of the UG RHPS fanclub....

to join simply amend sig..
Bah! :/

I was hoping for an actual wall, not some gay symbolism of hardships in a passion of yours.
Like podcasts? Listen to these!
BEER!
VIDEO GAMES!
MOVIES/GEEKY SHIT!

Last edited by zappp : Today at 4:20 PM. Reason: Suck on my balls, UG
write your own music. it makes you approach guitar a whole different way and makes you more interested.
Quote by Jackintehbox
Pedophilia all the way man. Go for it.

Quote by deathbat831
hahaha i thought you wrote Philidelphia all the way, i was like yeah philidelphias cool i spose

Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
I'm always too embarrassed to buy condoms. Saran wrap is cheaper, anyway.
Like stated before

Learn challenging songs that you love,
for me its "Pray for Plagues" atm haha
Quote by bassmaniac101

You are amazing.

Quote by Arch1119
^^yay photoshop...you made me lol all over myself
Learn a different genre of music?

Have a look at some classical, or jazz. Both can be very hard, and give you a whole new dimension of tricks/licks in regards to improvisation.
Quote by lotsofvolume
Learn a different genre of music?

Have a look at some classical, or jazz. Both can be very hard, and give you a whole new dimension of tricks/licks in regards to improvisation.

+1
Classical and Jazz are great.
Both might be hard but it give you something to aspire to and work on.
If that fails, take a break from it and just refresh.

Good luck!
Key is consistency and correct practice.

I've been where you've been but these are the two things that's really important.

Practicing two hours every day is better than practicing 4 hours every two days IMO.

Second point - what do you practice and how? Some people confuse trying to play a song with practicing - which is why they never get better and why they get so frustrated
Quote by jimtaka
i'd say your guitar is out of tune, or you are accidentally muting strings that you aren't trying to, or your right hand isn't strumming at the same time that your left hand is fretting, or you could be reading the tab upside down...