just searching for a new amp.. wanna know what you guys recommend and what i should try out the next time i go to guitarcenter :P...
I heard the Vox valvetronix is pretty good... and the vox pathfinder... someone on the review actually said "Better than more expensive tube amps" (source: http://www.guitarcenter.com/Vox-Pathfinder-15R-Guitar-Combo-Amp-481948-i1145733.gc ), i highly doubt that this is true bue what's your opinion on this ?
I personally hate the valvetronix, but I know some people like them. I own a Randall Gr75 hybrid amp, SS but with a single pre amp tube. It does wonders for the cleans, especially if you can't afford something all tube.
Quote by ElMaco
My last pay check was £0 working 0 hours. I can't believe how easy it was
what style of music? if its rock and and thats as hard as it ets for you then yeah the vox is good for you, if you are doing the brootalz the randall is best.
I love my Vox Valvetronix AD15VT, everything from clean to nutso high hair gain and everything in-between. It stops just a bit short of uber-nu-metal-gain but will easily do everything from Maiden to Metallica - great amp imo.
i'm a little bit of everything, classic metal, blues, pop rock, punk, neo-classical, metal core etc. so i'm guessin i want a versatile amp? haha doesn't really help much does it ?
Quote by Minderbinder
I personally hate the valvetronix, but I know some people like them. I own a Randall Gr75 hybrid amp, SS but with a single pre amp tube. It does wonders for the cleans, especially if you can't afford something all tube.

I'm with you. The AD series is probably the most overrated thing on this forum.
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
Valve Junior (V3 Head/Cab and Combo)
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Wampler Super Plextortion
Line 6 Pod HD
I personally like the Valvetronix and suggest it in this situation.
Feel free to call me Kyle.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...
Quote by laggerbomber
i'm a little bit of everything, classic metal, blues, pop rock, punk, neo-classical, metal core etc. so i'm guessin i want a versatile amp? haha doesn't really help much does it ?

That is a lot of genres for one amp to cover.
A Roland Cube 60 or a Vox AD50VT might be your best bet.

I'd also recommend looking for a used Line 6 Flextone II or III on your local craigslist.org listing, or on eBay. I've seen them go for less than 400.
Quote by laggerbomber

I'd say the bandit still. Its a transtube, so you don't have to worry about replacing the tubes. 12" speaker its perfect for practice or small gigs.

I have a 412 and I just bought one so I can just bring the bandit to practice instead of carrying around the 412.

Bandits only $300

I'd go to a store and try one out...I'm sure you'll like it.
Quote by laggerbomber
hmmm.... i also heard some good things about the peavy vypyr http://www.guitarcenter.com/Peavey-Vypyr-75-75W-1x12-Guitar-Combo-Amp-482910-i1413607.gc how does that compare to the valvetronix and even to the bandit ?

If it sounds good its gonna be the best for the money.
Way more effects and stuff to mess with compaired to the bandit.

I have one on order.......I'll see if its any good.

And who told you the good stuff?

I don't think they come out til next month?
just youtubing around... trivium told me it was good stuff XD... yea but when you do get it, try it out and see how it compares to the bandit thnx
Quote by laggerbomber
just youtubing around... trivium told me it was good stuff XD... yea but when you do get it, try it out and see how it compares to the bandit thnx

oh...cool man.

I'm just really hoping it sounds great and all the efx in it.

My other peavey efx amp is awesome, including the efx built in are good.

Thanks for the comment!