so i just bought, among other things, a new EHX small clone chorus. first off, anyone own one/know if it's any good? the reviews seemed pretty glaringly good, so i picked one up. that, straplocks, a few patch cables, some tools, and my 3 EHX 9Volt adapters should be here friday. woo!

so anyhow, i've never been able to use more than one of my pedals at a time (due to battery shortages) so i'm really excited for that, except...

i don't know the first thing about pedal chains. i mean, i know how to chain them, yadda yadda, but in terms of order...? i dunno.

my rig is as follows (after guitars);

EHX Big Muff Pi (USA)
EHX Small Stone Phase Shifter
EHX Small Clone Chorus -> peavey classic 30

what order should the pedals be in? should any be in the effects loop?

thanks in advance!
i play noisy hardcore in the vein of coalesce interrupted by lots of isis-esque riffage and ambience, with a healthy dose of screamo dynamics ala funeral diner. it even sounds good sometimes!
eh.. when i saw pedal chain.. i thought .. drum gear.

whoops!

for the record.. my drum pedals have straps!

i'd put the muff first, then you're modulations, and then amp.

chorus and phasing.. kind of interchangeable.. but either whereever you want i suppose.
Grammar and spelling omitted as an exercise for the reader.
I run my Small Clone in the effects loop of my Classic 50, for what it's worth.
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
There are no distinct rules for pedal orders, you can hook 'em up anyway you like, and thus get some crazy effects.
For the more traditional sounds you should keep this in mind:

Guitar ---> Tone Modulation: Phaser (some discussion over this, you could place 'em at the end), Wah Wah, Compressor (this one as early as possible, you'll want your tone to be as good as it gets to begin with) ---> Volume Modulation: Overdrive, Distortion, Tremolo (ain't so sure about this, never really used it) ---> Time Thingies: Delay, Reverb, Flanger. These go last and preferably in your effectloop on your amp (if it has this), so that they can mess with your entire sound. ---> noise suppressors.

I didn't include Chorus, I think it should go last as well so that your distorted sound get chorused and not visa versa. Again, there are no real rules, e.g. if you have a fuzz, It'll go well as the first in line, as well as together with the other overdrive and distortion pedals.

Grtz.
thanks guys! i'll try stuff out when i get the pedal and adapters friday.
i play noisy hardcore in the vein of coalesce interrupted by lots of isis-esque riffage and ambience, with a healthy dose of screamo dynamics ala funeral diner. it even sounds good sometimes!
Also, reverb goes last. So after the delay. And a good way to test a pedal/amp, just put everything on 12 o'clock and see what happens :-)

good luck with the pedals.
Quote by CoreysMonster
Ibanez: I am verah good guitah prayah!
*mach 5 speed*
haha, thanks man! if i have the muff first, will that fuzz everything out? that's kind of what i'm after, a good, fuzzy, sound kind of smothering everything =)

but yeah, i'm excited, shipped today! so it should be here friday, definately.
Personally I'd put the Phaser in first, but as I said, try it out and see if you like it :-)

Let us know!

Grtz.
Quote by CoreysMonster
Ibanez: I am verah good guitah prayah!
*mach 5 speed*
Muff -> Phaser -> Chorus would be the most appropriate order sound and clarity wise. Of course, it's really preference.

The phaser and chorus would go well in the effects loop if you have one in the Classic 30 (I can't actually recall whether they do).

Also dude, nothing personal, but what possessed you to buy the the three worst pedals in the EHX line (i'll probably get called for this) but the Big Muff is a noisy, tone-sucking POS, the Small Clone sounds like sterils ****e and the Small Stone is depolrable compared to other phasers such as the MXr Phase 90 and Red Witch Moon Phase etc etc.
Quote by dannyniceboy
I consider myself to be really intelligent and I've gotten into a fight coz this kid thought it was nasty to put sour cream on enchiladas.

Quote by Minkaro
The fact that I went TOO high singing a Darkness song on Singstar

DARK RED TEAM