hi UGers
i just bought a peavey valveking 112 like a week ago and it rules
but i noticed that the mesa rectifier series has 6L6 tubes
and my peavey has 6L6GC...are they the same or they are diferent? if they are diferent my question is that if i can buy the 6L6 and if they can work normally on my peavey?
i´m probably not gonna change them myself but i really want to know if they are easy to change?
another thing i want help with is if you can help me with a link on wich tubes i want
because i have looked and there is a long list of 6L6 tubes so i really don´t know which one to buy
any help will be appreciated
Gear:
LTD MH-1000
Ibanez RG350EX
ibanez GSA60
Line 6 Spider III 30W
Peavey ValveKing 112
Boss GE-7 EQ
Electro-Harmonix Small Clone Chorus
Digitech RP350
and it has an effects part with two jacks in it
one says send and the other return
i want to know in which jack should i connect my RP350 too?
im sorry if this sound a little noob but i want to know soo...
Gear:
LTD MH-1000
Ibanez RG350EX
ibanez GSA60
Line 6 Spider III 30W
Peavey ValveKing 112
Boss GE-7 EQ
Digitech RP350
You connect send to the input of the RP350, and return to the output. As for the tubes, i'm not sure about the 6L6GC, but for the sound you really should just try to try them out.
yeah i like the amps tone now
but i´m talking about when the tubes start to wear out and stop working correctly...
can i change them to the 6L6
and about the RP i don´t need to connect the guitar to it?
Gear:
LTD MH-1000
Ibanez RG350EX
ibanez GSA60
Line 6 Spider III 30W
Peavey ValveKing 112
Boss GE-7 EQ
Digitech RP350
Nope, you take the send output on the amp and go into the input on the RP then take the output on the RP and go in return on the amp
thanks man now i get it
now my only question is about the tubes
Gear:
LTD MH-1000
Ibanez RG350EX
ibanez GSA60
Line 6 Spider III 30W
Peavey ValveKing 112
Boss GE-7 EQ
Digitech RP350
Nemo problemo.
I'm sorry i can't help you with that, i'm also still a n00b when it comes to tubes lol.
If you know what you are doing, you can have quite a few options for replacing your tubes.

The Mesa tubes are probably 6L6GCs, and I would go with JJs or Tung Sols. Most all 6L6s you will be seeing nowadays are GCs, the original 6L6 is cased in metal instead of glass. There are some usually subtle sonic differences between manufacturers.

I would not buy a rebranded mesa tube, it won't make your amp sound like a mesa and the JJ or Tung Sol will be superior.

If you really wanted to get crazy you could possibly try out 5881s, KT77s, or maybe even EL34s, but that would require biasing knowledge and possibly modifications.
I think Axecutioner nailed it pretty well.

I was only going suggest reading thru or posting here too as there are plenty of Valveking owners in here that can help.

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=737907

Also, there is a VK Users Group in my profile.
thanks man
when i start getting trouble with the tubes i´ll see what i will/can do about it
if you take care of the amp... how long would the tubes last?
i use it like 1-2 hours a day
Gear:
LTD MH-1000
Ibanez RG350EX
ibanez GSA60
Line 6 Spider III 30W
Peavey ValveKing 112
Boss GE-7 EQ
Digitech RP350
Hard to say. 1 - 3 years.

Also, Peavey does not necessarily use the same Brand of tubes from one VK to the next so not everyone has the same tubes stock FYI. The amp is biased such that you can swap these out yourself as long as you match correctly the first time.

FYI - I have an RP250 as well.

I highly suggest an OD pedal for this amp as well. Night and Day. Bad Monkey is only $50 and I usually recommend that over new speaker or tubes out of the box.

I don't hang out in GB&A much so if you have any other questions PM me or post in "ONLY Valveking thread" I linked up above so you can get some other opionins. PS - in a month or so I will be getting a Warehouse Speaker V30 clone for my VK and swapping it myself.

i wanted to know too if this speaker is a good option to replace the stock speaker with? http://www.zzounds.com/item--CELVINT3008
i didnt wanted to make another thread so i will just "bump" this one up with another question :P
Gear:
LTD MH-1000
Ibanez RG350EX
ibanez GSA60
Line 6 Spider III 30W
Peavey ValveKing 112
Boss GE-7 EQ
Digitech RP350