I picked up a 15" Electric Blue a couple days ago, and while I was looking around for EQ settings, I noticed that it doesn't have a built in compressor, the knob isn't where it should be on the front panel. It has the same input meter and kick guard as the Evo ll model, but it lacks a compressor like the Evo ll.

It sounds great, and I'm otherwise completely happy with it. I'm just wondering if anyone has seen one or has one like this.

And a pic., for anyone interested:

http://img297.imageshack.us/img297/6260/img0001tn5.jpg
Last edited by Apt403 at Aug 11, 2008,
i have the exact same model. i bought it a year ago and have never considered a new one. i also noticed that some models have a compression, i assume ours are just older models. mines was a shop demo so that seems likely.

sounds great with my squier VM jazz.
You guys have the Evo I model. This is the older version, without the compressor.

This year Ashdown brought out the Evo II versions of the MAG300 and EB180, with built in compression units.

Gear:
Fender Standard Jazz Bass
Artec Matrix Pedal Tuner
BBE Optostomp
Boss GEB 7
EHX NYC Big Muff
Ashdown MAG C410T-300
Torque T100BX
GAS-ing for:
Boss SYB5
Behringer Intelligate IG9
Quote by Jonnomainman
You guys have the Evo I model. This is the older version, without the compressor.

This year Ashdown brought out the Evo II versions of the MAG300 and EB180, with built in compression units.

yup, they basically upgraded the old model by adding a compressor.

x
Fender Geddy Lee Jazz
Warwick Corvette $$
Rockbass Streamer Fretless
Hartke HA5000
SWR Triad

Quote by Victory2134
I happen to enjoy every mankiss from shinhoman.
Arent the newest ones Evo III? My EB and ABM are both Evo II and don't have compressors!

Either way Jonno basically nailed it there.
Ibanez SR505
Ashdown ABM 300 EVO II
Epifani UL410
Quote by Welsh Guitar
Arent the newest ones Evo III? My EB and ABM are both Evo II and don't have compressors!

Either way Jonno basically nailed it there.

Im not sure about the ABM, but the current EB is definately the Evo II.

See

http://www.ashdownmusic.com/bass/index.asp

Gear:
Fender Standard Jazz Bass
Artec Matrix Pedal Tuner
BBE Optostomp
Boss GEB 7
EHX NYC Big Muff
Ashdown MAG C410T-300
Torque T100BX
GAS-ing for:
Boss SYB5