Page 1 of 2
So have you ever met anyone that said "did I ever tell you about the time I was in a band?" This guy that gave me a guitar lesson once spent around 2 hours telling me about the days he used to be in a band. It was kinda fishy, as he claimed to be in a hair metal band, but said he sat in on a Randy Rhoads recording session. It was confirmed when the band announced a re-union concert and he didn't know about it. Needless to say, I haven't quite taken lessons from him again.

Anyone else met a guy like that?
I get very tense around apples...Well, I get very tense generally. I think I've fallen into the trap of blaming fruit.

Jeff

Peavey Studio Pro 112 for sale. Anyone want it?
no, but i do hate ppl like that

first post
MY GEAR!
Amp
-Peavey Classic 30
Guitars
-Silverburst Epiphone Les Paul Custom
-Squier Stratocaster
Pedals
-Ibanez TS9DX Turbo Tube Screamer
-Fender PT-100
-MXR Phase 90
-Fuzz Face Clone
-MXR Carbon Copy
Quote by DorkusMalorkus
I don't give a shit about this thread, but I am posting simply because this idiot thinks he accomplished something by posting first, and I find that to be humorous. So "haha" at you, idiot.

i accomplished something more then you. i posted my opinion to this kid, you just wasted your sorry ass time
MY GEAR!
Amp
-Peavey Classic 30
Guitars
-Silverburst Epiphone Les Paul Custom
-Squier Stratocaster
Pedals
-Ibanez TS9DX Turbo Tube Screamer
-Fender PT-100
-MXR Phase 90
-Fuzz Face Clone
-MXR Carbon Copy
INTERNET FIGHT

GO!

I had a friend who did that once. It was annoying, especially since his "guitar" was a Squier S-100 Acoustic.
Quote by top shelf

I couldn't do it [masturbate] with the cast on however. That's when I dug out my baby sister's stuffed animals and went to town

Quote by Tubyboulin
Is it bad that I imagined you saying that in a really sexy voice?
I meet loads of people like that. Even if the story they tel isn't always true. I kinda like talking to people about stuff like that.
You gonna bark all day little doggie?
No but me and my teacher talked about the colbert report for my whole lesson in addition to learning tom sawyer by Rush. (make the connection)
Soon you will sit on the bench
of those who deny I have my soul
You sell a dream you create
Condemned by what you condemned before
Smooth are the words you sing down and high
Underground is your joy your laws
Quote by DorkusMalorkus
I can't waste my time. My time is worthless! So the jokes on you

You're dumb, he owned you..
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Gibson Faded V
Warmoth Strat copy
Epiphone Hummingbird (FS!!)
Ibanez SR400QM
Fender BXR100
Reggae Bass Covers mahn!!!

Quote by drunkinkoala
I was in a band with Slash and Mozart.

[img]http://img300.imageshack.us/img300/3760/356h356h365pc1.png[/img]
Die Ruhe vor dem Sturm.
Quote by stinger12345
You're dumb, he owned you..

Really though, I was referencing Futurama. Perhaps it was subtle, but it is really a testament to how much I don't give a shit about this whole thing.

If I wanted to sink to that level of internet fighting, I'd say something about how he used "then" when he should have said "than" or how saying "no, but i do hate ppl like that" hardly qualifies as an opinion, let alone a valuable one.
Quote by Munchlaxatives
So have you ever met anyone that said "did I ever tell you about the time I was in a band?" This guy that gave me a guitar lesson once spent around 2 hours telling me about the days he used to be in a band. It was kinda fishy, as he claimed to be in a hair metal band, but said he sat in on a Randy Rhoads recording session. It was confirmed when the band announced a re-union concert and he didn't know about it. Needless to say, I haven't quite taken lessons from him again.

Anyone else met a guy like that?

Hey, Munchlaxatives, I was in a band once, it was a hair metal band...
Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes?
Was it Warrant? They're Br00tal, they're officially pastrycore.
I get very tense around apples...Well, I get very tense generally. I think I've fallen into the trap of blaming fruit.

Jeff

Peavey Studio Pro 112 for sale. Anyone want it?
I remember my first guitar teacher always sang along as he played a song that he was teaching me if he already knew it. I didn't mind though because he had a great voice and was a good singer.

Then, one day, after he played the verse of a song for me to get an idea of the rhythms, he said something along the lines of "I used to be the singer for a band. But then I started smoking" and then he broke out laughing.

It was a pretty wtf moment and a later on he ended up getting a job somewhere else but I've seen him since and he's cool.
Quote by DorkusMalorkus
Really though, I was referencing Futurama. Perhaps it was subtle, but it is really a testament to how much I don't give a shit about this whole thing.

If I wanted to sink to that level of internet fighting, I'd say something about how he used "then" when he should have said "than" or how saying "no, but i do hate ppl like that" hardly qualifies as an opinion, let alone a valuable one.

lol. If you wanted to sink to that level of internet fighting you would post 3 times in a thread you don't even care about. Go away, no one wants you here.

Ts, I have a friend who picks up chicks by telling them he plays in an indy band. Its embarrasing
I met a guy once who was like that about his cars.

He had a Capri with a tuned, supercharged, twin turbocharged 4L V8, and could go at ZOMGLIK 240MPH, but didn't.

He was walking, carrying shopping.

I never know if I should humour them or point out how ridiculous they sound.
Now 100% humour free, in accordance with the rules.

.fm
.wordpress
I used to be friends with a guy like that. He used to piss me off so much with his lies, I felt like punching him in the face and telling him to shut the fuck up.
I used to have a friend who said his uncle was Robbie Keane

He also said his "uncle" drove buses......

AND HE COULD DO WHEELIES!

That was like 1st class
Quote by Kumanji
How about you don't insult my friend's dead mum, you prick.

Quote by JDawg
Too be he had to be a dick about his crayons.
One of my orchestra substitutes said he was in Elvis's backing band for a while. It was actually true.
Quote by Jackal58
If I was Santa you'd all get shit for Christmas.
My old guitar teacher said he used to be in a local pub band called 'The Codgers'

also I went into my local guitar shop and saw a purple maverick which had a label saying 'as used by Bill Hyndford' who's my current guitar teacher, buyt he only uses a purple strat. Does that count?
Hull City A.F.C

Quote by Thrashtastic15
crunkym toy diuckl;ess ass ****igkjn ****** **** bitch ass pussy ****er douchecanoe ****** **** you s omn cnt you lieet le biutch
i was in a band with hendrix back in '74, but he was stuck on tambourine cause i played all the other instruments at once
I taught EVH how to fingertap.
I introduced Kirk Hammett to wah pedals.
I taught Zakk Wylde pinch harmonics.
I introduced Buckethead to KFC.
I invented the question mark.
etc etc
There's a possibility that your teacher's telling the truth, being in a band that was popular 20 years ago but only play in pubs now is quite common.
Jackson RR5
Epiphone LP Standard
Ibanez S370
Marshall JCM 800 4103 Combo
Roland Cube 60
Woah! Me,cam sampbell and Moggan have a trifecta of humping avatars. In a row!
Quote by Jackal58
Quote by KSM_Dante
My guitar teacher has played for Jeff Beck.

Beat that.

My guitar teacher is Jeff Beck.
Patrick Star of The Jelly fishing Club PM darkstar2644 to Join
Quote by We'realltoBlame
Woah! Me,cam sampbell and Moggan have a trifecta of humping avatars. In a row!

Apart from the 2 guys above you but still thats pretty cool
Hull City A.F.C

Quote by Thrashtastic15
crunkym toy diuckl;ess ass ****igkjn ****** **** bitch ass pussy ****er douchecanoe ****** **** you s omn cnt you lieet le biutch
Quote by drunkinkoala
I was in a band with Slash and Mozart.

I was in that band too, Bach on drums, Elvis on Keyboard, George Washington on bass
Mozart vocals and Slash & Darth Vader on guitar!

Good old days...
My guitar instructor would sometimes mention how if it weren't for Skid Row stealing their look (...) his band would have made it. For a hair metal band they were actually pretty cool.

I also know this guy at a guitar shop who always mentions how he tried out for Ozzy twice, getting beat by Jake E. Lee once and I think Zakk Wylde the other time.
Quote by DorkusMalorkus

If I wanted to sink to that level of internet fighting, I'd say something about how he used "then" when he should have said "than"or how saying "no, but i do hate ppl like that" hardly qualifies as an opinion, let alone a valuable one.

Quote by DorkusMalorkus
I can't waste my time. My time is worthless! So the jokes on you

joke's*
My mates' dad's in Cathedral. Seriously.
Looking to buy a Fender Jagstang, u sellin?
I love Cathedral!

I'm actually wearing a Cathedral longsleeve right now.
Quote by Jimmy94

"I like dark jazz like OPETH"
"you should listen to BETWEEN THE BURIED IN ME"
"that is not real jazz"
"LOL R U KIDDING ME HNNNNGGGG"
whats so bad about that? my vocal teacher taught blue oyster cult
SUBSCRIBE!

Gibson SG faded, black hardware/ EMG81-89
peavey 6505+
GMajor Effects Processor
BBE 362 sonic maximizer
THD Hotplate
Avatar 2x12 w/ Hellatone 60/ K100
Behringer FB1010
Quote by rickmeister
I taught EVH how to fingertap.
I introduced Kirk Hammett to wah pedals.
I taught Zakk Wylde pinch harmonics.
I introduced Buckethead to KFC.
I invented the question mark.
etc etc
There's a possibility that your teacher's telling the truth, being in a band that was popular 20 years ago but only play in pubs now is quite common.

My Last.fm

Quote by \Powerslave/
HelloHalo, I love you.

WHO SEND ALL THESE BABIES TO FIGHT?
Quote by cam_sampbell
Apart from the 2 guys above you but still thats pretty cool

I meant further up the page,it's all three of us in a row.
Quote by Jackal58
Yeah i played in this band, it started as four kids. We began small, playing clubs even though it was our first time playing. We then kept progressing and got more stars so we could play bigger venues, got buses, planes, roadies, and even moved up to expert. Then the other members had to go home.

Twas amazing.
Page 1 of 2