I am looking for a new guitar and the Schecter C1 Hellraiser Fr seems pretty damn good.

I played my friend's and I loved it.

I was looking on Musiciansfriend.com and saw this http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product?sku=518471X

It is a "scrach n' dent" item.

It is also $300 cheaper.

My understanding of the term is that the guitar has some cosmetic damage.

Is this correct?

and would you suggest buying scratch and dent items online?

Also if you have bought scratch and dent items, was the purchase worth the damage?

PS: If you could suggest a better alternative within the price range of this guitar ($850 new, $650 "scratch n dent") please do so
if you are buying it from musicians friend then it is gonna be pretty good .... i think they are pretty reliable... so u should be fine.... it may have some minor scratches ....
My Gear

Epiphone Les Paul Special II
ESP KH-202 with OFR
Hobner Acoustic
BOSS OS-2 Overdrive/Distortion pedal
Dunlop GCB95 Crybaby Wah Pedal
Laney P20 20-Watt 1x8 Amplifier
Quote by AiC
if you are buying it from musicians friend then it is gonna be pretty good .... i think they are pretty reliable... so u should be fine.... it may have some minor scratches ....

Thanks for that...
Some people are real anal about the finish. If you don't mind a chip or scratch, that's cool. But if its someplace critical, like on the neck, it may be a problem. Get a detailed description if you can.
Quote by fretboarddragon
Some people are real anal about the finish. If you don't mind a chip or scratch, that's cool. But if its someplace critical, like on the neck, it may be a problem. Get a detailed description if you can.

Do you have an idea of how to get a description?