I don't mean to sound all political and crap, but I just have to get this out: As I started focusing closely at our music scene(or metal scene to be more specific), it seems that there's this swarm of bloodsucking posers who seem to be so motivated at being a kickass metal group that they forgot the one thing it's about, the ****ing music . I think some would agree with me on that.

Everywhere I look today there's people buying guitars for one purpose and that's scoring chicks and being all hardcore. I know that's the purpose of the glam scene, but not real metal.

I don't know if I'm exaggerating or just trying to protect the culture from posers, but we need to take metal more seriously than this.
Quote by Arteest
I don't mean to sound all political and crap, but I just have to get this out: As I started focusing closely at our music scene(or metal scene to be more specific), it seems that there's this swarm of bloodsucking posers who seem to be so motivated at being a kickass metal group that they forgot the one thing it's about, the ****ing music . I think some would agree with me on that.

Everywhere I look today there's people buying guitars for one purpose and that's scoring chicks and being all hardcore. I know that's the purpose of the glam scene, but not real metal.

I don't know if I'm exaggerating or just trying to protect the culture from posers, but we need to take metal more seriously than this.

pretty unoriginal, i swear theres a thread like this every week...

just do what you think is right, and they'll do what they think. But tell me, how are they going to be a kickass metal group, without the music?
You'll have people like this in every genre of music, just let them get on with it, they'll soon get bored of pretending to be something they're not.
Those kids never get anywhere anyway, maybe just some local crapy band, but metal heads can usuly see straight through posers and then they just get rejected. I think the whole thing with kids getting guitars is cause there seeing music as something similar to skateboard tricks they think that impresses people (shredding) so then there like man i gotta learn all that to impress people, rather than being able to shred just to be able to produce speedy licks that you want in your style of music. I first started guitar just cause i wanted to learn my favourite songs master of puppets, seek and destroy etc and just play along with them for fun, not for showing off and then i just got more intrested in making music.
*PROFILE NOT IN USE*