Hello dudes and fellows.

I want to take of my pickguard on my fender strat to check if my guitar is rueted to fit a humbucker, but to take of the pickguard i have to remove all of the strings haven't I?, but wont it be very difficult to get the guitar into tuning afterwards? If i take of all te strings?
It is a Fender classic 50' strat , the one with the neck being one pierce of wood, no rosewood on top, just maple, i brought it in early 2007..
okay well í try and check it out, but i may just buy a single coil sized humbucker for it then..
or maybe a new guitar..
Some really heavy distortion, i like metal, like Children of bodom, Dark tranquility, at the gates, dream theater, symphony x, opeth and that sort of stuff, its jus alot cheaper to buy a new PU than to buy a new guitar, allthough a 50' strat ain't suited for metal..
Quote by Roopelatvalafan
Some really heavy distortion, i like metal, like Children of bodom, Dark tranquility, at the gates, dream theater, symphony x, opeth and that sort of stuff, its jus alot cheaper to buy a new PU than to buy a new guitar, allthough a 50' strat ain't suited for metal..

.... I'd buy a screaming mini demon humbucker ( i think that's what it's called...) and keep the original single coil.... so that once you have the money for a real metal guitar (ibanez/jackson/whatever) you can fit the single coil back in....
Really? well where are you from? i am from denmark, so if you live in US you could as well buy a new one since the price for transporting it all the way would be the same..
I live in Sweden (near the coast, only about 45 min from Copenhagen) and have got a spare humbucker from my HSS Strat.
Not sure I would sell it though.
You never know when things start breaking apart.
Fender Jaguar
Morley PVO +
TC Polytune
Fulltone Ultimate Octave
Boss DS2
Blackstar HT-40
Digitech Timebender
TC Trinity

(offboard; Whammy IV, Crybaby 535Q, Digitech RP100A)
Nah, the reason I got rid of the stock pickup in the first place was because I needed a heavier tone.
Fender Jaguar
Morley PVO +
TC Polytune
Fulltone Ultimate Octave
Boss DS2
Blackstar HT-40
Digitech Timebender
TC Trinity

That depends on how heavy you are gonna play.

Mine works great for stuff like Rhoads and Sabbath, but not quite for Metallica and Opeth.
Try an EMG or Semyor Duncan Blackout.
Fender Jaguar
Morley PVO +
TC Polytune
Fulltone Ultimate Octave
Boss DS2
Blackstar HT-40
Digitech Timebender
TC Trinity

just keep saving for the 'metal' guitar. why waste money on a short term solution?
that said, save up the cash for a southern cross (2500 here, that's like 750 across the pond)
make dimebag proud.
well yeah i think i have decided on saving up for a metal guitar.. i am thinking about an ESP Horizon with floyd rose.. and emgs or duncans...