Hi guys, I'm a punk rocker without an amp! I've been borrowing my friend's amp (a Kustom 10 Watt) for the last 3 years of playing and all of a sudden he took it back and now I am in need of an amp! Like I said I like punk rock and I also like metal. Unlike a lot of punkers I do solos aswell so I need a nice amp and me and my band are working on our first EP. So ... I've been looking around, I have found a practice amp, a Marshall MG10CD, I'm kind of on a budget so this I thought was perfect for me ... until I read some of the reviews. The reviews are mixed on this amp so I thought I would get some people's opinions.

Thanks x
nono MG,worst thing you can buy now
try the cheap peavey's or laney's
cheap peavey

cheap laney
Ibanez RGA 8 (Dimarzio D Activator 8)->Rocktron Hush->Engl E530 preamp->Marshall 9200 poweramp->Marshall 4x12 closed back cab w/ G12t75's
Last edited by K!nj! at Aug 11, 2008,
Nah, don't get one. Try a roland cube or something.
Quote by Kensai

Awesome guy right here
What's your budget?

You have two nice guitars there, and they'd be wasted on a tiny little practise amp. If you're recording with a band too, you're gonna want something that actually sounds halfway decent.
New tracks on my profile! Please check them out and see what you think!
It's pretty rubbish - it's cheap but you'd be wanting rid of it in no time. Save up a bit more and shell out for a Microcube.

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Roland-Micro-Cube-Combo-Amp?sku=481169
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
edited my post
Ibanez RGA 8 (Dimarzio D Activator 8)->Rocktron Hush->Engl E530 preamp->Marshall 9200 poweramp->Marshall 4x12 closed back cab w/ G12t75's
well ... my budget is only a maximum of 100 pounds (170 dollars)? and iv been lookin at the roland cube20x now, sounds good
Quote by LiamBamBam
well ... my budget is only a maximum of 100 pounds

Roland Microcube, £65, sorted.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
A friend of mine has that amp. In all seriousness the little G10 that came with my Esteban package is better then that amp. The MG makes an excellent dart board however, we use it all the time.
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
Valve Junior (V3 Head/Cab and Combo)
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Wampler Super Plextortion
Line 6 Pod HD
Quote by forsaknazrael
The Microcube sounds better than that Cube 20. Either pony up for the Cube 30, or go to the Microcube.

Yep. Also, Valvetronix may be worth a look.
How come you own a Fender Standard Stratocaster and a Jackson King V yet have never bothered to buy an amp in three years? I mean if I was to lend an amp to somebody I would expect them to use it for a few months until they get the cash together to buy an amp themselves, but three years, you could have bought an amp no problem.

Anyway, regardless, whilst the MG10CD is suitable for bedroom practice it lacks good tone or many options, so I would say try grab a Vox AD15VT for £99 off GAK. Or if that is too much then a Vox AD-5 or a Roland MicroCube.