Recently I've been slowly remembering this memory from when I was a little kid where I saw a ghost at my grandma's house (my grandma is dead now). It's really creepy I think that after all this time I'm just starting to remember it and how ironic just after my grandma died. I believe the ghost I saw was her husband who died 35 years ago because he used to live in that house. Has something like this happened to anybody else? I used to not believe in ghosts but I swear to God I saw that ghost.

edit: also whenever I'm in a room by myself at times I always feel presence like there's somebody there and sometimes I like see shadows on the corner of my eyes then I look and they're gone. I am dead ****ing serious this is really creeping me out.
Last edited by KileManA7X at Aug 11, 2008,
Quote by Steve The Plank
This is all start happening coincidentally around the same time you started doing salvia?

No man I swear to God I don't do that ****.
Quote by postmortem2006
Its called paranoia.

Exactly. If you believe in something, you always look for it in the shadows and try and pin the slightest thing on that. In this case- ghosts and shadow people. You may not even realise that's what you're doing.
Rule out the corner of the eye stuff, its a proven fact nothng is to be believed if its seen out the corner of the eye
Yeah, I had a similar experience last week.

I was at my Grandma's house and i saw my Grandma. Wierd.
The thing is do you think that ghost showed itself because I was so young and maybe it thought I wouldn't remember or something?
Quote by KileManA7X
The thing is do you think that ghost showed itself because I was so young and maybe it thought I wouldn't remember or something?

Or it's a possibility that your memory is messed up and you've been adding details to it without realising it. Memory recall isn't always perfect. You can even make up your own memories and fully believe in them.
I don't believe in ghosts, but I do hate that feeling when you're going up some stairs while the room behind you is completely dark.

Stupid childhood memories.
Like podcasts? Listen to these!
BEER!
VIDEO GAMES!
MOVIES/GEEKY SHIT!

Last edited by zappp : Today at 4:20 PM. Reason: Suck on my balls, UG
I have a memory from around three when I saw the ghost of a man, I think it was my grandpa who died in 1976 (wish I could've met the guy).

Then again I also think it might have been a dream.
No offence, but there isn't really any explanation for ghosts that can't be related to the person claiming to have seen one daydreaming, being drunk, being paranoid, seeing something out of the corner of their eyes so it looks like a ghost, etc.
But it's not anything to worry about.
meh
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Or it's a possibility that your memory is messed up and you've been adding details to it without realising it. Memory recall isn't always perfect. You can even make up your own memories and fully believe in them.

I've made up lies before and started to think I was telling the truth.
Quote by Deliriumbassist
I do that all the time. It freaks me out when I realise things I think I remember perfectly just can't have happened.
My brother swears on his life that he saw a ghost in an old house he used to live in like 12 years ago:P
IRON MAIDEN
8th Feb 2008, Melbourne, Australia

Quote by SatanicShredder
One time I shat on the floor on janitor appreciation day.

Wasn't even caught.

Certificate in Music Industry 2, 3 & 4
Maybe you're psychotic.
Patrick Star of The Jelly fishing Club PM darkstar2644 to Join
meh...theres an old mental place like 4 streets away...ive always wanted to hop the fence at night with friends!
Gear:
Wasburn x-40w/floyd roseOFR
Swineshead venom+warthog pups
Kustom 100 wt quad DFX,Boss MT-2,Ibanez TS-7
~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Post a naked picture of yourself with your guitar to join.
I saw the same thing in the SEARCH BAR once...
:stickpoke

Baby, if I were biscuits and you were gravy, I'd sop you up

FIGHT IGNORANCE

"I fear for my flesh, but I fear for my spirit even more..."
i went to a really old cottage in a remote part of wales for my grandparen'ts wedding anniversary one year, and i swear i saw a kid standing at the top of the stairs one time wearing ripped up, old style clothes. I was quite young and usually i don't believe in ghosts but im dead serious, the thing was right infront of me as well but for some reason i just can't be sure. And I hadn't heard anythin about the place being haunted so i don't think it was the power of suggestion either.
Gear n Shizz:

Washburn X50 Pro
Epiphone Korina Explorer
Line 6 Flextone III 75w
Quote by CaptainRon
I've made up lies before and started to think I was telling the truth.

That is good sometimes for when you want a lie to be convincing.
:stickpoke

Baby, if I were biscuits and you were gravy, I'd sop you up

FIGHT IGNORANCE

"I fear for my flesh, but I fear for my spirit even more..."
I think this is just a case of you remembering something that didn't actually happen. This is quite common, in fact in an experiment people were shown pictures of themselves as young children, around 7 or 8, in different situations. However, the people conducting the experiment also super-imposed the persons image as a child into a situation which the person hadn't actually been in, for example in a hot air baloon. Despite the person not actually ever being in the baloon as a child, they still see the picture, believe they had been in the ballon and can even describe some of their emotions when taking off, or the view from the air.
There are different theories about how and why this happens, but it is uneccessary to go into them for the purposes of this thread.
We'll be washed and buried one day my friend
And the time we were given will be left for the world
The flesh that lived and loved will be eaten by plague
So let the memories be good for those who stay
Here's your answer; ghosts aren't real. If they were real, I doubt they'd be so cunning as to try and trick you.

Alternatively, if they were real, I think they'd be more like Casper.
RAZZLEFRAZZLE
I used to be scared when I heard cracks, noises or weird sounds but since I have my dog I tell myself the noise was probably my dog, and if it wasn't my dog would wake up and growl/bark, so get a dog and you'll know that the presence you feel is your dog!"
Quote by Deliriumbassist

idk man it seems so real like it wasn't even that long ago. Like this has been at the very very back of my memories for all these years and just slowly is all starting to come back. I can so remember that night it's ridiculous.

Quote by CaptainRon
I have a memory from around three when I saw the ghost of a man, I think it was my grandpa who died in 1976 (wish I could've met the guy).

Then again I also think it might have been a dream.

This sounds very very similiar to mine the person who I thought I saw was my grandpa who died in 1973.
Where's Kensai and Meths calling you an illogical idiot?

Pits letting me down!

EDIT: https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=911933&highlight=ghosts
Quote by Teh Forest King
A kid took a fetal pig during pig dissection, put a napkin on it as a cape, wrote "super pig" on it, then threw it out the window onto the greenhouse below, yelling "super pig, blast off!". He failed the pig lab
Quote by KileManA7X
idk man it seems so real like it wasn't even that long ago. Like this has been at the very very back of my memories for all these years and just slowly is all starting to come back. I can so remember that night it's ridiculous.

The memories you subconsciously build up can be the most vivid.
Who you gonna call?
Ego inflating praise here:
Quote by Fishyesque
That is SOOOOOOOOOOO sig worthy! Pure awesomeness to you, sir.

C wut I did thar Fishy?

's UG