Most reviews I've read of this amp usually rate it low citing constant break downs and returns as the reason. I'm not sure of the date of these reviews, but is it safe to say they are better now?

I've been thinking of buying one, but want something that isn't going to break obviously. SO, current owners, recent buyers...have these reliability issues been ironed out?
Quote by sashki
A lot of pros do that: if they play a wrong note, they'll hit it again to make it look as if it's intentional. It's called "jazz", aparently.
Thanks, that's exactly what I needed to hear! I'm heading over to the guitar store in a couple of days to try one out. Might try an AC30 too.
Quote by sashki
A lot of pros do that: if they play a wrong note, they'll hit it again to make it look as if it's intentional. It's called "jazz", aparently.
I played an AC15 in a store, and I thought it was okay. Not great for the price.

Maybe look into a used AC30. I keep scouting them out on ebay. You can nab a 212 for $800 or even less if you're lucky.

I'd go used.
The thing many people I think complain about is the fact AC15/30s are like a torture chamber for tubes, and less issues with the actual amp.
I live in Australia, so finding a decent priced AC30 will be difficult.
Quote by sashki
Quote by mooshoepork
Most reviews I've read of this amp usually rate it low citing constant break downs and returns as the reason. I'm not sure of the date of these reviews, but is it safe to say they are better now?

I've been thinking of buying one, but want something that isn't going to break obviously. SO, current owners, recent buyers...have these reliability issues been ironed out?

Most people don't know what they're talking about and just repeat things they've heard whether right or wrong. In other words, they reference references, the people read that and repeat it. There was never anything wrong with them in the first place. Do you think a multi-million dollar company would produce a product with such a significant design flaw? Don't listen to some 13 year old who heard something from a friend from a web-site. You can talk to some of the guys at plexipalace.com for even more specific information. They know their stuff.

....and your better off getting an AC30, IMO
Last edited by Gutch220 at Aug 11, 2008,
Quote by forsaknazrael
If you're really after the AC30 tone

I don't know WHAT I'm after anymore. Every time I decide, someone tells me it's **** and to get something else!

Quote by sashki
I'm not a fan of the AC15CC's (although I love my AC30CC1), but reliability isn't the problem. The fact that it's overpriced for what it is - which is far less than just a smaller version of the AC30, IMHO - is the larger issue for me.

Once you get to the "x" model, you're up around $950 here in the US (don't know where you are). For that money, looking at similarly sized amps, you could get a Rivera Clubster, Fender Deluxe Reverb, or Princeton Reverb, or the Ampeg J-20. All of which are superior to the AC15, IMHO.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.