I'm a guitarist who loves the Chili Peppers, Sublime, Nickelback and a lot of metal bands... I have a few guitars already but I'm looking for a good guitar that would suit all those needs... My budget is basically limitless.
If your budget is limitless why not just get more than one guitar?

It's better to have two guitars that do two different things and are good at doing them rather than having one guitar that can do everything rather mediocrely.
Quote by UncleCthulhu
If your budget is limitless why not just get more than one guitar?

It's better to have two guitars that do two different things and are good at doing them rather than having one guitar that can do everything rather mediocrely.

I'd rather have one guitar that does everything WELL.

I recommend PRS, as already mentioned. They're versatile bastards.
a MIA Fender fat strat perhaps? or a coil tapped PRS?
Ibanez RG321MH (Air Classic/Tone Zone)
Fernandes Telecaster (Twang King/stock bridge pickup)
Blackstar HT-20 (Scumback 55 speaker/ Tung Sol tubes)
TC Electronic Nova Repeater
Lava Cables Clear Connect, Soar and Mini ELC
I'd say a H/S/S Strat, a PRS, or a Shecter C-1 Custom (or is it the classic?) since they can be coil tapped.
Originally Posted by evening_crow
Quoting yourself is cool.

WARNING: I kill threads.
Quote by sashki
I'd rather have one guitar that does everything WELL.

Well, wouldn't we all? But realistically you're not going to get a single guitar that's amazing at everything.

But yeah if you've got the money, go for a high end PRS.
PRS 513 if you can find one. They're discontinued, but considering their pricetag you might still be able to find one in a shop. The LTD H1001 with Duncans might work as well if you're not that limitless.
Quote by lizarday
oh yeah? well larry king the slayer guitarist owns bc rich guitars. (i think)
OFF TOPIC: leviticus_22953, i like your sig... though there IS a male guitar.

Just search up Alex Lora from El Trio (blue-ish rock band from mexico) and look at his guitar. It's shaped like a penis! And... if i'm not mistaken it'll even shoot a load, literally.
Originally Posted by evening_crow
Quoting yourself is cool.

WARNING: I kill threads.
Quote by UncleCthulhu
Well, wouldn't we all? But realistically you're not going to get a single guitar that's amazing at everything.

You could. It's not really a matter of having a guitar that produces a thousand different tones, but rather a guitar with its own tone that sounds good in many situations, like the PRS.

That's the beauty of PRS guitars. They have a pleasant tonal character that will fit into any kind of music, from country to metal and back. Some guitars have a character that might be perhaps too agressive for jazz, or too mellow for heavy rock, but PRS tend to have it just right, where it can sound great in any application.

It's not about having a bunch of pickup combinations. It's about something that sounds good.

I especially recommend the PRS Mira. I've heard it truly does it all.
Last edited by sashki at Aug 11, 2008,
Ibanez SZ5470 Prestige, greatest ****ing guitar EVER

In my humble opinion....

1980s Ibanez RG470
Epiphone G400
Peavey Vypyr 30
Vox DA5
Vox Cybaby Wah
Monster Cables
and Red Jazz IIIs

I donated 2020 grains of rice

http://freerice.com/index.php
Quote by crzywhiteboy
you want a guitar that does it all
Gibson Les Paul.

My work is done here..

WOW Fail....
Guitars:
1994 Epiphone Explorer
1997 Epiphone Les Paul
Tech side:
Blackheart BH5H Little Giant
Rat DeuceTone
EH Knockout
G Lab Wowhee Wah
limitless budget you say?

ESP/Legra/RAN/Vigier/Conclin/Schecter custom shop, PRS modern eagle...
Brigadier of the 7-string legion. 7>6

Fender Telecaster
Schecter Damien 7
Engl Fireball
Tone aside, you're not going to be constantly re-tuning are you? Depends on what you mean by 'a lot of metal,' I guess. It could be annoying down tuning all the time. You sure two guitars isn't the way to go?
For these things give thanks at nightfall:The day gone, a guttered torch,A sword tested, the troth of a maid,Ice crossed, ale drunk.-The Hávamál
Another vote for the PRS. Basically any of them with the coil tap: Standard, Custom, CE, Singlecut, Modern Eagle, Mira...
- Fender American Standard Ash Telecaster w/ DiMarzio Chopper T & Twang King
- Alhambra 5P
- Laney Lionheart L5T-112
- Line 6 POD XT
- Suhr Shiba Drive
- MXR Carbon Copy Analog Delay
- Dunlop Cry Baby