Page 1 of 3
http://news.scotsman.com/scitech/Fiction-into-fact-as-US.4375737.jp

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/7553061.stm

"Scientists have stumbled on a material that could turn science fiction into reality – a material that makes objects invisible."

How about that? What do you think is the best way in which this new finding can be used to better humanity? What would you use it for?
This is not a pipe
I can only think of ways that it will be a detriment.
Sorry I'm jaded.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
pics or it didn't happen.
Patrick Star of The Jelly fishing Club PM darkstar2644 to Join
Just log out if you want to lurk >_>

Id use it to make my bike invisible. Maybe then it wouldn't get stolen all the f-ing time
Quote by sashki
The "advertisement" window is empty. Are they advertising the invisible stuff?

Your java tick-box is invisible.
This is not a pipe
Quote by Våd Hamster
Just log out if you want to lurk >_>

Id use it to make my bike invisible. Maybe then it wouldn't get stolen all the f-ing time

riding an invisible bike would scare the bejeezus out of onlookers
Quote by the humanity
Captainjack666
the lord of sexyness...
Quote by saphrax
Artist Impression of the US Army using this new technology:

Looks like a tank to me.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
STOP! this isn't new, i heard about this about two years ago (my dad showed me an article in "the economist")! The material or whatever copy the light around you and "mimicks i.e. what is behind you - this means: you have to be compleatly surrounded by the material and seeing as it doesn't let light through (it COULDN'T work otherwise) you be be virtually blind if you tried to use it, therefore it probably won't be used any time soon...
Yes but if this material is invisible, how will they know its there?

Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ SD Alnico Pro II's
Fender Aerodyne Telecaster & Stratocaster
Marshall JCM 800 4104 combo

E-Married to Funny_Page
It kinda cool though!

I DIDNT SEE IT COMING!!!!!!!! LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL!
Quote by ling_yu
Funded by the US Army? Oh dear....

Oh dear oh dear, so much for the good of humanity.
Looking to buy a Fender Jagstang, u sellin?
Quote by saphrax

Terms and Conditions apply.
Quote by jjaw
STOP! this isn't new, i heard about this about two years ago (my dad showed me an article in "the economist")! The material or whatever copy the light around you and "mimicks i.e. what is behind you - this means: you have to be compleatly surrounded by the material and seeing as it doesn't let light through (it COULDN'T work otherwise) you be be virtually blind if you tried to use it, therefore it probably won't be used any time soon...

No, this is something different. Read it. This 'bends' light around it. I think you're thinking of something else, which I also read about a while ago.
Quote by Liberation
Every time I see your avatar I want to slit your neck with a butterknife. Goddamn Pingu.
Prepare for the Philadelphia Experiment vol. 2, hopefully this one will be more successful that the Philadelphia Experiment though...
Quote by Atomic_Assault
lololololol that was epic andyd93. you just made my day

PROUD EVERTONIAN
Quote by saphrax

Edit: I found it.

:stickpoke

Baby, if I were biscuits and you were gravy, I'd sop you up

FIGHT IGNORANCE

"I fear for my flesh, but I fear for my spirit even more..."
Last edited by ShredtoBed at Aug 11, 2008,
Quote by jjaw

So just don't cover your eyes. It'll look like this!

Quote by loonyguitarist
No, this is something different. Read it. This 'bends' light around it. I think you're thinking of something else, which I also read about a while ago.

You're right in the point of ut bending beeing sth else, I think I had that in my memory incorrectly, because after just reading this I seem to remember the words "bend light" in the original article, but maybe not. The point is though: if it bend Light, you still can't see light behing, inbetween it, thus still rendering you blind when using it

Quote by saphrax

LOL, BUT; then you are not compleatl ycovered, so it wouldn't work again
Quote by saphrax

But... But then we can't use it for what the concept of invisibility was invented for
Quote by Atomic_Assault
lololololol that was epic andyd93. you just made my day

PROUD EVERTONIAN
Quote by weemansyndrome
Honestly... I can't see humanity using this for good things.

exactly! there's no way this thing is gonna be used for good.
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

GENERATION 9: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
I'd probably cover all my food in the fridge with it so no one steals my food.
Patrick Star of The Jelly fishing Club PM darkstar2644 to Join
but the problem comes when if you bend the light around the vehicles, then the pilots/drivers, whatever will not be able to see what is infront of them, any way to see ahead would render them visible as the eyes and cameras etc all absorb light and would be seen

i very much doubt it is going to work!

Quote by DieGarbageMan
When having sex i realise my penis is of small nature.

Quote by gavz_verdikt
There is a box below Private Messages and right of Log Out.
I think the TS will know what to do next

Where can we get more info on this??
Support new music, listen to my Prog Metal Band:
Open Wide, The Sky

Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR White

Peavey 6505+ /w Mesa-Boogie Rectifier 2x12 Cab
This sounds like one of those things that come up every now and again that sounds amazing, and some sort of revolutionary breakthrough has been made in science, and then you never hear of it again after that one article.

"The True Eccentric Tea Drinking Appreciation Preservation Society"
I'd use it to get revenge on that bastard Malfoy.
Talk to Erowid

Quote by dead-fish

Tell me when thy band shall return to mark a schedueled performance on my nearest venue's door!
Quoth teh Loomis, "Nevermore".

Member #9 of the "Marty Friedman > You" Club. PM apocalypse13 or altronataku to join.
Quote by Giant Tool
but the problem comes when if you bend the light around the vehicles, then the pilots/drivers, whatever will not be able to see what is infront of them, any way to see ahead would render them visible as the eyes and cameras etc all absorb light and would be seen

i very much doubt it is going to work!

Haven't you guys heard of a one-way mirror? And even if that doesn't work, you can have a satellite sending images to your tank while it's under the "invisibility cloak". You're thinking way too small.
This is not a pipe
Page 1 of 3