Hi UG'ers

Today I found the shop I bought my Firebird from had actually bodged the Tune-o-matic bridge, with newspaper and silver paint, since its been a while since I bought it, I don't intend to take it to the same shop for repair, but i had a thought.

the guitar for me is ideal for Surf (Dick Dale, The Ventures) and Blues (BB King, Clapton) and the trem would come in handy for both genres for me

would it be possible to fit a Bigsby tremolo to the firebird?

thanks

Gibson Buckethead Les Paul & Peter Frampton Les Paul
Dean Razorback Slime Bumblebee
Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier
EHX Memory Man/Hazarai
Digitch Whammy
Sovtek Straight 4x12
Herdim Picks
Laney Linebacker 50 Reverb
MXR Phase 90
http://cgi.ebay.com/1965-GIBSON-FIREBIRD-GUITAR-CASE-VINTAGE-WITH-BIGSBY_W0QQitemZ200245364823QQcmdZViewItemQQssPageNameZRSS:B:SRCH:US:102

It's possible. Theoretically, it's possible to convert any Gibson-style stop-tail to a bigsby. I don't see any problem with doing it, as long as it fits on the body (which it should)
If it's a flat top then you'll want the b5 type bigsby. You may not have to fill the stoptail holes because the bigsby may cover them. Just bear in mind that you won't get that much out of a bigsby- I personally love them but don't expect too much. For surf and blues though, you should be fine
Ok, Thanks alot guys, when it comes to trem systems, i'm pretty useless

I'll keep the thread updated about how it goes

thanks again

Gibson Buckethead Les Paul & Peter Frampton Les Paul
Dean Razorback Slime Bumblebee
Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier
EHX Memory Man/Hazarai
Digitch Whammy
Sovtek Straight 4x12
Herdim Picks
Laney Linebacker 50 Reverb
MXR Phase 90