Hey guys

So i wired my fender SCN middle PUP like they said lead to switch, and then the green and black to the ground, but the problem is that when i switch to the middle possition, the sound is almost muted, and when the amp is turned up there is alot of 'unground' noise that overpowers the almost muted note... any suggestion on what the problem might be?

thanks
Pow-Chika-Wah-Wah
Pow-Chika-Chika-Wah-wah

wired exactly like that, but problem with middle pup (as described)

Edit: did not wire in the tone jumper.
Pow-Chika-Wah-Wah
Pow-Chika-Chika-Wah-wah
Last edited by Professor Fate at Aug 11, 2008,
yep, wired just like that with the switch and fender pots, and yes i have one
Pow-Chika-Wah-Wah
Pow-Chika-Chika-Wah-wah
did you use it? I'm going to assume you did. check your solder joints.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
thanks guys advice helped, tho i ended up talking to my local techie and he said the problem with the SCN is that they have the 3 contact points for 2 grounds and a lead, but on the sides there are 2 more solder points, and he said their worst problem is a contact break on the interior so all he did was heat up all 5 points, and found out one of the outers was disconnected and he just added some solder and heat to it so the internal contact caught and the problem was fixed, hope this info helps....
Pow-Chika-Wah-Wah
Pow-Chika-Chika-Wah-wah