Hi ! I'm going to the states in a few days and I really want to buy a new metal guitar !
I'm very interested in 7 strings and I got to have 24 big frets and a Floyd Rose

Please tell me which is better for your opinion and why?
Ibanez UV777 Steve Vai
Dean Rusty Cooley Signature 7 Strings Guitar

If you have other suggestions please write them !!
thank you!!
I say the Ibanez Universe (UV777)
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
If you like the Universe you might also like this. It's also cheaper than the UV.
Quote by lizarday
oh yeah? well larry king the slayer guitarist owns bc rich guitars. (i think)
Schecter c7 Jeff Loomis signature. Original floyd rose, 24 fret, set neck, 26.5" scale, better for low tunings, emgs, much cheaper than the others

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Schecter-Jeff-Loomis-C7-FR-7-string-Electric-Guitar-513832-i1321364.gc
Personally I feel Dean's are a bit overrated, I've been playing 7 strings for the past 15 years and both the Rusty Cooley model and the Dimebag one seemed a bit underperforming given their features and resulting price. The Universe is definitely a good choice since it's undeniably the most iconic 7 string out there and quite a time tested design. I would suggest you though to consider the Jeff Loomis signature Schecter does, it has a floyd rose in one model as you ask and also 24 frets, plus the EMGs that in my opinion help the low b string with certain amps that don't have much push on the distortion.
Guitars:

Ibanez SZ320
Ibanez RG450
Ibanez SC620
Bc Rich Warlock 7 String
ESP LTD SC-607

FX:

Digitech Whammy 4
Line 6 PodXT Live

Amp:

Line 6 Flextone 2
Ibanez ftw. Enough said. I have the S7320 but I'm guessin that won;t suit ya as it has only 22 frets
Quote by webbtje
Why the fixation on signature guitars?

Right now the 7 string isn't much of a fashion as in the nu metal days so it's hard to find a decent one that isn't a signature. Given my love for this instrument I always try out a new model when I see one and in the past few years I've seen better quality and features on the signatures (especially on the pickups that seriously affect the performance of the low b string, and that's what you want from the 7 string after all). For quite some time my main ones were a standard BC Rich Warlock and an Ibanez RG that, beside being unmodified, were normal production models. After I had to replace the Ibanez due to theft, the only one that fit my needs and performed the way i desired was the ESP Carpenter. Apparently the lack of major interest that existed in the mid to late 90's has pushed companies to produce either high performance instruments with the publicity a big name can give, or lower underperforming ones that can be modified by the user given his desires. At the end of the day you'll spend pretty much the same ammount of money and, unless you really can't find a signature model that works for you, it's better to have it ready made than to make a frankenstein one (plus in this case the question comes from someone who is using the opportunity of a trip to buy a guitar, so hunting for parts is a bit unpractical too)
Guitars:

Ibanez SZ320
Ibanez RG450
Ibanez SC620
Bc Rich Warlock 7 String
ESP LTD SC-607

FX:

Digitech Whammy 4
Line 6 PodXT Live

Amp:

Line 6 Flextone 2