I just decided to show you one of my songs.
I don't really know what to think of it...
Constructive criticism would be very nice!
I hope you like it!

greetings
Quicksand
Last edited by Quicksand15 at Aug 19, 2008,
:O.

this sounded awesome, lol very nice a clean, can u play it or did u just tab it
it flows all nicely together and the dynamic build slowly but keeping pace with the song
there was something i was meant to mention but i cant remember it no more lol so it cant have been major

but in all seriousness if u can get the song recorded in proper terms and add lyrics in i wanna hear it
Wow, that's quite brilliant. I can really see it's influenced by Opeth, though I'm not really a fan of them. You have great details in the song too, good job. Can't think of anything worth complaining at the moment, haha. Could you take a look at my instrumental? It's in my profile.
thanks, glad you liked it!
yes of course i can play it (besides the drums), it's not that hard...i would never write a song im not able to play, i think that would be rather stupid

yeah i just started recording, hope i can recreate those little soundscapes

Edit: thanks, of course i will give a listen!
This one was a real pleasure to listen to.

Intro starts of great. Really nice and melodic. I feel there are some weird pauses in there that kind of disrupt the flow that's trying to form. The opening guitar solo is pretty cool.

Love the drums when they kick in, and that thing you're doing with the harmonics is great. You also bring that cello part in at the exact right moment.

The change to the verse seems kind of abrupt. The drums just instantly change, it's strange. The acoustic part that comes in just after is great though.

The break seems kind of pointless, is doesn't really seem to do anything.

Bridge was very cool, as was the part at bar 133 where you've got all 3 guitars going.

The outro was also great.

It would have been nice had there been some kind of clean jazzy guitar solo in there.

It's strange though, I could definitely hear the Opeth influence, yet the song didn't actually sound like Opeth. But that's not really a negative thing at all.

Anyway, overall it was really great.

My stuff is linked in my sig if you're up for C4C
I liked it a lot, nice clean sound to it. I agree it would have been nice if you had a nice jazzy solo or something later on, but it sounds great as it is. I particularly like the bass, it adds a real nice sound to the whole thing, make sure to make it strong in the mix when you record it. The slides in the bass real add to the atmosphere i liked it a lot. My only complaint is that it tends to get a bit repetitve at times, maybe change up the chorus or prechorus or verse each time you repeat it just slightly to make things a bit more interesting. Is this going to have vocals or is it an intstrumental because it seems more like a vocal piece then the latter. Great job overall!

Crit mine? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=930034
thanks for the kind words and especially the suggestions! yeah, i also think a solo would be nice, but im not skilled at all, soloing has always been my most weak part...but i will try to add one!

weird pauses that kind of disrupt the flow that's trying to form
could you please exlain that? i don't know which part of the intro you mean...

i don't really know if its going to have vocals or not...personally, im not able to write lyrics and i unfortunately don't know anybody who can. so i end up having no other chance than recording it as an instrumental^^
Quote by Quicksand15
thanks, glad you liked it!
yes of course i can play it (besides the drums), it's not that hard...i would never write a song im not able to play, i think that would be rather stupid

yeah i just started recording, hope i can recreate those little soundscapes

Edit: thanks, of course i will give a listen!

o no the reason why i asked is becuase i lot of people just write songs using GP, then never ever play it, which is like WHYYYY lol
Wow gotta say this really is a great tune and it just has that a amazing tone and sound during the verse! Again great see people writing in standard and that the whole guitar world hasnt gone lazy in drop tunings! Keep up the good work
Very nice job man, maybe spice it up a bit with some different elements, but overall (Y).